API 510/570 Inspector needed, to support our Indianapolis Indiana office internal job code 1199
In direct support of engineers to provide technical input and guidance in the inspection, repair, re-rate, and alteration of static and dynamic pressure retaining equipment and systems at client facilities. Produce technically accurate documentation to client for use in the assessment and disposition of plant equipment.
Essential Job Functions
• At the direction of client, perform visual and non-destructive examination of static and dynamic pressure retaining equipment in accordance with American Petroleum Institute (API) standard 510 / 570 and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
• Submit to client technically accurate reports documenting equipment condition.
• Provide client with technical recommendations for the repair, re-rate, replacement, and/or alteration of plant equipment, as required for safe operation within stated operating parameters for durations specified by client.
• Provide technical input to client as required for welding and metallurgical issues.
• Provide technical guidance, on a application of non-destructive examination techniques and procedures.
• Fully comply with all Acuren and client safe work practices and actively participate in all site safety initiatives.
• Experience working in direct support of petrochemical facility engineers.
• Certification to American Petroleum Institute Standard 570,510 Additional API,653 or CWI a plus.
• In-depth, working knowledge of API 570, and ASME Sections I, V, IX, B31.3, B31.4.
• Minimum of five years experience working as a visual inspector.
Other Skills / Abilities
• Technical report writing skills.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
• Ability to maintain positive working relations with client and co-workers.
• Mentoring skills.
• Ability to work extended hours.