Major Responsibilities/Activities (List in order of importance the essential functions of the job):
• Ultrasonically and visually inspects welds in production areas.
• Records all inspection data on the appropriate Traveler and Inspection Sheets. Uses blueprints to check hardware layout and dimensional tolerances of hardware for compliance to customer requirements.
• Assists in establishing manufacturing procedures.
• Checks for compliance of manufacturing procedures and A.W.S. Standards in all areas of production; checks manufacturing operations for dimensional accuracy.
• Inspects and evaluates problems in materials. Uses various other non-destructive testing techniques and methods such as dye-penetrate, magnetic particle and hardness testing.
• Measures cutting bars and templates and approves for use in production.
• Visually inspects product for repair and compliance to Thomas & Betts Houston workmanship standards.
• Checks loading area to ensure that loads are properly secured and that touch-up work is adequate.
• Performs complex inspection of coating application and compliance to standards. Prepares couplant used in ultrasonic inspection.
• Assists in conducting and performing special tests and in establishing ultrasonic inspections procedures.
• Coordinates shop design or drafting problems with Engineering, assists Level I Quality Control Inspectors in calibrating ultrasonic test equipment and interpreting test results; checks raw materials for compliance with application specifications and performs inspection at vendor locations when necessary.
• Verifies welder qualifications/certification and evaluates test results, and maintains a qualification list in Q.C. office. Performs testing of coating materials, provides specialized advanced training for Level I inspectors and less experienced Level II inspectors and assists in instructing beginning inspectors.
• Performs inspection and functions on field repair and field product modification. Performs daily demerit points audit in shipping areas.
• Assists in the maintenance of the ISO Program.
• Performs safety and health responsibilities as written in the Safety Performance Standards policy. Performs bi-monthly audits of manufacturing procedures and work instructions. Performs special testing to resemble problems that we and our customers have in the field.
• Assists and works with customer representatives when they visit or tour the plant, and gives NDT demonstration to same.
Basic Qualifications (Include education, experience, special skills and licenses or certifications required):
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience and/or training in related field; College Degree preferred.
• Level II UT Inspection and Testing Certification and Level II Mag Particle Testing Certification required.
• Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certification required.
• Ability to perform tasks as assigned on computer using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel spreadsheets.
• Must provide direct assistance to production workers and Supervisors to
improve skills and workmanship.
• Ability to make field trips when necessary to investigate, evaluate, and recommend corrective action to problems.
• Must attend departmental meetings and be willing and able to attend additional training and certification attainment as required in this position.
NDT Level II in Shearwave & Visual weld inspection. Inspection in accordance to AWS D1.1. If you have no shear wave please do no not apply. CWI, NACE, MT are a plus.