Creative Human Resources Concepts, LLC (CHRC) is currently recruiting for
positions for a client located in TEXAS within the oil & gas industry.
Qualified applicants must be seeking full time employment. These positions
are NOT turnaround work or project status assignments.
API Inspector: 510, 570, 653
JOB DESCRIPTION: Inspect and insure that weld performed on pipeline or
other equipment are implemented as required in the contract specifications.
Responsible for overseeing the quality assurance/quality control on behalf of
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform internal and external inspections to determine if a weldment or
equipment meets the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard or
• Conduct inspections on equipment at scheduled intervals to maintain the
mechanical integrity of the fixed equipment of the facility.
• Properly interpret regulations, codes and industry standards.
• Use a computer to compile and submit daily reports and inspection
reports, as well as for inter-office communications.
• Compile and submit completed inspection report in a timely manner.
• Pay attention to detail and be capable of recommending and approving
repairs as well as performing visual inspection of completed work.
• Study equipment leak regulations applicable to location and customer
• Drive a vehicle safely in extremely hazardous conditions.
• Be proficient with standard computer software (such as MS Word and
Excel) and be able to write detailed inspection and shutdown reports while
maintaining an organized system of files.
• Maintain a positive relationship between client, facility and customer;
and promote a positive attitude towards coworkers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATES AND LICENCES:
• 2 years experience in weld inspection related activities (QC, NDT, etc.)
• Current American Petroleum Institute (API) API-653, API 510, or API-570
certification; or satisfactory completion of a Visual/Mechanical Inspection
training course approved by client (preferred).
• Certification as an Inspector required in most cases (or equivalent
approved by client). Extensive practical experience required.
• Extensive knowledge of industry standards including AWS, ASME, API
(510 & 570) a MUST; working knowledge of NDE methodologies also a plus.
• Current Drivers License from state of residence.
• Documentation of work experience in:
o Visual inspection of tanks, piping, pressure vessels, valves and pumps
o Performing or witnessing and documenting pressure testing activities (to
include hydrostatic and pneumatic tests) preferred.
o Pit depth measurement or other dimension verifications using precision
measuring equipment and recording results preferred.
o Inspection/verification of structural or flanged piping bolt up, tensioning
and verification activities preferred.
• Must be able to travel out of town 50% or more of the time and work
• Ability to meet company certification standards.
• Drug and alcohol screens performed randomly.
Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-
employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check,
education/employment verifications and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND
CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this
position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA
SHIFT/HOURS: Shifts & Hours will vary – Must be flexible to work overtime –
Travel required 50% to 75% of time
PAY RATE: Depends On Experience
TERM: Contract to Direct
Qualified applicants can forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.