* Please reference NDT.org Job# or Company Job# listed below on all correspondence
Job Title: Non-Destructive Testing Level 2
Nondestructive examination of aircraft components made of composites, ceramics, plastics, and other materials for internal and external structural defects, delaminations, corrosion, and moisture penetration ultrasonic, or other types of nondestructive test processes and equipment. The work includes equipment setup, operation, adjustment, and evaluation or interpretation of test readings or results within established parameters for acceptance or rejection.
Summary of Duties:
An NDT Level 2 individual is a certifiable level. An NDT Level 2 shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Performs Non Destructive inspections of:
o Newly designed or revised products.
o Incoming products to ensure proper paperwork is received and parts conform to specifications, engineering and purchase order.
o In-process inspection of parts being manufactured.
o Sub-assemblies used in the construction of aircraft.
• Have the skills and knowledge to set up and standardize equipment, conduct tests, interpret and evaluate for acceptance or rejection, and document.
• Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the technique/method in which they are certified.
• Be capable of providing the necessary guidance and/or supervision to trainees and Level 1 personnel in the technique/method in which they are certified.
• Be familiar with the codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the employer.
• Be capable of developing written instructions from approved general procedures. Such instructions shall require final approval by a Level 3.
• Have a basic knowledge of product manufacturing and inspection technology.
• General Notes:
o All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of C&D products.
o As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
o Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Does require fluent communication in English
ITAR governed position: Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to qualify.
Experience: 1-3 years experience in Quality, aerospace experience preferred
Computer Skill: Familiar with Windows Operating System®
Other Skills: Qualified candidate must possess ability to use precision measuring instruments. Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and other technical literature is preferred.
NDT Test will be administered at time of interview