Responsible for ensuring that assigned products meet required quality specification.
Inspects assigned products with precision detection measuring devices and identifies defective condition in accordance with Quality Control acceptance and rejection criteria.
Other duties may be assigned.
Major Responsibilities/Activities (List in order of importance the essential functions of the job):
• Ultrasonically and visually inspects welds in production areas.
• Records all inspection data on the appropriate Traveler and Inspection Sheets. Uses blueprints to check hardware layout and dimensional tolerances of hardware for compliance to customer requirements.
• Checks for compliance of manufacturing procedures and A.W.S. Standards in all areas of production; checks manufacturing operations for dimensional accuracy.
• Inspects and evaluates problems in materials. Uses various other non-destructive testing techniques and methods such as dye-penetrate, magnetic particle and hardness testing.
• Visually inspects product for repair and compliance to Thomas & Betts workmanship standards.
• Performs inspection of coating application and compliance to standards.
• Assist Level I Quality Control Inspectors in calibrating ultrasonic test equipment and interpreting test results; checks raw materials for compliance with application specifications and performs inspection at vendor locations when necessary.
• Verifies welder qualifications/certification and evaluates test results, and maintains a qualification list in Q.C. department.
• Performs inspection and functions on field repair and field product modification.
• Assists in the maintenance of the ISO Program.
• Performs daily audits of manufacturing procedures and work instructions.
• Assists and works with customer representatives when they visit or tour the plant, and gives NDT demonstration to same.
Basic Qualifications (Include education, experience, special skills and licenses or certifications required):
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience and/or training in related field; College Degree preferred.
• Level II UT Inspection and Testing Certification and Level II Mag Particle Testing Certification required.
• Certified Welding Associate is a plus for qualification.
• Ability to perform tasks as assigned on computer using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel spreadsheets.
• Must provide direct assistance to production workers and Supervisors to
improve skills and workmanship.
• Ability to make field trips when necessary to investigate, evaluates, and recommend corrective action to problems.