The Quality Control Inspector performs quality inspections and tests, and initiates corrective measures. Key responsibilities include:
- Perform or witness various inspections and tests as prescribed in plant procedures to verify the reliability and safety of plant equipment.
- Evaluate and report Q.C. inspection and test results.
- Perform receipt inspections of safety related items.
- Perform commercial grade inspection and dedication testing.
- Perform Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) and evaluate results in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Conduct special and routine tests on plant equipment to establish its condition or potential for deterioration, which may impact plant safety or reliability.
- Issue "Stop Work" orders on any work, which is being performed in a manner which would impair or reduce the safety of the Callaway Plant.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with representatives of various agencies and companies (NRC, ANII, ANI, Contractors, etc.) on various plant activities with inspection involvement.
- Assist in the training and certification of other Level III and lower Quality Control Personnel, as allowed by plant procedures.
- Perform quality inspections and tests, evaluate results, and initiate corrective measures.
- Verify and record disposition of non-conforming and defective items.
- Perform closeout review of work packages as required to facilitate closeout by Planning.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Experience: Certified Level II NDE Examiner or Certified Level II ANSI N.45.2.6 QC Inspector in multiple inspection disciplines OR 10 years journeyman experience OR three or more years inspection or examination activities experience, preferably at a nuclear facility, required.
Other: Good leadership, decision-making, communication and human relations skills. Security screening required for Callaway Plant. Candidate must successfully complete a full medical examination.