With 90 locations throughout North America, Acuren Inspection, Inc. is the leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). Providing a wide range of services in many industries including: Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace. Inspection is our history and our focus for growth.
We are a Rockwood company, the worldwide leader in NDT service and technology with over 3,000 technical professionals in Acuren, Hellier NDT Training, and Sperry Rail Service -- NDT firms run by NDT people!
Acuren is currently looking for qualified Level III UT Phased Array to work out of our Chicago office.
Internal Job code: 1633
The Level III shall be responsible for certification of NDE personnel in accordance task regulations. This position will be an essential part of new technology testing and implementation. This position will work closely with the Quality Manager in procedure development and quality data management.
• Interface daily with the client about work priorities and progress of projects
• Actively participate in client programs, planning and strategy sessions
• Work closely with client to identify and remove obstacles
• Actively participate in client safety initiatives, incident investigations, etc.
• Train and mentor technicians in current methods and new technology
• Perform compliance audits
• Review incoming reports and oversee data quality to ensure that they meet all procedural and code requirements
• Developing, qualifying and approving procedures
Interpreting Codes and Standards
Training and certification of Level I, IIr and II personnel
• Provide technician training and certification
• Provide specific training in NDT methods as specified by the Operations Supervisor
• Oversee the technology realization process-equipment testing, design of experiment, POD, validation of equipment, procedure development and training/testing of technicians
• Evaluate the techniques used in each department to identify areas where efficiency, quality, production and safety can be improved
• Encourage adequate feedback from employees to ensure continual improvement of program
• Interface with the client, MD, PM & Ops Supv to focus the direction of new technology initiatives.
• Interface with the QA Manager to develop procedures for new technology and implement a program for training/certification of technicians
• Collect and analyze data from audits other sources to initiate continuous projects
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Technology - Understands the application of the tools at hand to maximize the efficiency and quality of inspections. Seeks new technology and opportunities for applications.
Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and informatively; Responds well to questions; Practices active listening; exhibits discretion.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Able to approach/evaluate a problem from many angles.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Able to absorb and process information quickly.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality; Strong leader; Conducts themselves in a professional manner; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes honest and open feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interest; Able to build morale and support group commitments to goals and objectives.
Organizational Support - Works to fully understand and implement company policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values; Supports a respectful workplace and respects diversity; Provides feedback and strives for continual improvement.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans; Actively searches out and implements solutions.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Takes the lead and leads by example.
• Certification ASNT Level III in Ultrasonics,Phased array,
Magnetic Particle , Liquid Penetrant a plus
• Have a working knowledge of each methods strengths and limitations to ensure the proper inspection type is being utilized for the job scope requirements.
• Be familiar with current codes and procedures needed to properly perform inspections and interpret results.
• Good data management skills
• Must possess valid, unrestricted driver’s license
•Greater than 5 years in NDE industry
• Supervisory experience preferably in NDE Industry or other heavy industrial environment
• Competent with Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
• Good knowledge of reading prints
• Strong leadership skills
• Able to work independently, with minimal supervision
• Excellent client service, interpersonal and communication skills
• Actively search out and implement new solutions
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.