Quality Assurance CWI / NDT Level II Inspectors Needed
SALEM Engineering Group, Inc. is a professional engineering and consulting firm specializing in construction materials testing and special inspections, geotechnical and environmental engineering design, and forensic investigations for commercial, municipal, school, industrial, federal, and state projects.
We are seeking multiple qualified CWI Certified NDT Level II UT inspectors for projects in the Bay Area. You will work as a team with 2 to 3 other CWI/NDT personnel. Must pass written and practical exam through our Corporate Level III for UT. Additional PT and MT experience a plus.
The inspector is responsible for verification that work performed by field construction crews meet or exceed the minimum required quality specifications. The inspector uses visual and non-destructive methods of inspection to determine and/or identify defective conditions for installed work in accordance with Quality Control acceptance and rejection criteria. Other duties may be assigned.
Major Responsibilities/Activities (List in order of importance the essential functions of the job):
• Ultrasonically and visually inspects welds in production areas.
• Records all inspection data on the appropriate Inspection log.
• Checks for compliance of welding procedures and A.W.S. Standards in applicable areas of construction.
• Inspects and evaluates problems in materials. Uses various other non-destructive testing techniques and methods such as dye-penetrate and magnetic particle (if certified appropriately).
• Visually inspects welds to AWS/ASME standards.
• Verifies welder qualifications/certification and evaluates test results, and maintains a qualification list in Q.C. department.
• Verify that the base materials and consumable welding materials conform to the specifications and that the welding filler metals used are as specified for each base material or combination of base materials.
• Verify that the welding equipment to be used for the work is appropriate for the use with the welding procedure and has the capability to meet the applicable requirements of the welding procedure.
• Verify that the welding procedures are as specified and are qualified, and that the welding performed is performed in conformance to the applicable procedure.
Basic Qualifications (Include education, experience, special skills and licenses or certifications required):
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience and/or training in related field; College Degree preferred.
• Level II UT Inspection and Testing Certification (REQUIRED)
• Level II Mag Particle Testing Certification and Level II Dye Penetrant Testing Certification considered a plus but not required.
• AWS Certified Welding Inspector Certification with substantial experience (REQUIRED).
• Ability to perform tasks as assigned on computer using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel spreadsheets and Word Documents.
• Must provide direct assistance to co-workers and Supervisors to improve skills and workmanship.
• Ability to investigate, evaluate, and recommend corrective action.
• Competitive Salary.
• Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
• 401K Plan
• Paid Holidays/Sick Leave
• Paid Time Off