Creative Human Resources Concepts, LLC (CHRC) is currently recruiting for positions for a client located in West Texas within the oil & gas industry.
API 570 - Pipe Lining Inspector
JOB DESCRIPTION: Inspect and insure that the process of applying cement lining to steel pipe in oil field applications. Responsible for overseeing the quality assurance/quality control on behalf of client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform internal and external inspections to determine or equipment meets the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard or document.
• Conduct inspections on pipe lining to steel equipment at scheduled intervals to maintain the mechanical integrity of the fixed equipment of the facility.
• Properly interpret regulations, codes, industry standards and vendor surveillance.
• Use a computer to compile and submit daily reports and inspection reports, as well as for inter-office communications.
• Compile and submit completed inspection report in a timely manner.
• Pay attention to detail and be capable of recommending and approving repairs as well as performing visual inspection of completed work.
• Drive a vehicle safely in extremely hazardous conditions.
• Be proficient with standard computer software (such as MS Word and Excel) and be able to write detailed inspection and shutdown reports while maintaining an organized system of files.
• Maintain a positive relationship between client, facility and customer; and promote a positive attitude towards coworkers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATES AND LICENCES:
• 2 years experience in weld inspection related activities (QC, NDT, etc.)
• Requires experience with the process of applying cement lining within a manufacturing plant environment
• Current American Petroleum Institute (API) API-570 certification; or satisfactory completion of a Visual/Mechanical Inspection training course approved by client (preferred).
• BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Certification as an API 570 inspector or equivalent practical experience.
• Extensive knowledge of industry standards including AWS, ASME, API (570); working knowledge of NDE methodologies also a plus.
• Current Drivers License from state of residence and clean DMV record.
• Documentation of work experience in:
o Visual inspection of tanks, piping, pressure vessels, valves and pumps
o Performing or witnessing and documenting pressure testing activities (to include hydrostatic and pneumatic tests) preferred.
o Pit depth measurement or other dimension verifications using precision measuring equipment and recording results preferred.
o Inspection/verification of structural or flanged piping bolt up, tensioning and verification activities preferred
• Drug and alcohol screens performed randomly.
Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check, employment/education verification and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
SHIFT/HOURS: Shifts & Hours will vary – Must be flexible to work overtime
PAY RATE: $40.00 to $45.00/hr. + Depends On Experience
TERM: Contract basis
Qualified applicants can forward resumes to email@example.com.