To provide NDT and quality-assurance support to the assigned projects and programs to ensure product meets customer quality requirements.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
• RT, PT, MT, UT disciplines preferred.
• Shall have a thorough knowledge of nondestructive testing methods; training, qualifying and certifying NDT inspection personnel; following NDT procedures; NDT inspection techniques and being able to process and inspect components within the methods certified.
• Will support manufacturing operation level procedures, inspection techniques.
• Support NDT investigations, perform inspections and conduct supplier audits if required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also required.
• In addition, any of the following would be beneficial- a good manufacturing or machining background with some knowledge of raw material control and testing, as well as heat treating.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• H.S Diploma or equivalent.
• Certification to ASNT, NAS 410 as applicable to internal processes
• Familiar with quality system requirements (ISO 17025, NAS 410, etc.)
• Familiar with Weld Inspections, CWI is preferred
• Strong mechanical background through education and / or related experience
• Ability to read, interpret and apply engineering drawings and specifications