This is a Full Time, Regular Employee position located in Madison Heights.
Magna Chek is a Non-Destructive Testing facility providing the following inspection services: magnetic particle, dye penetrant, eddy current, ultrasonic, x-ray, and real time x-ray. We are seeking candidates that have a very strong background in inspection as Level II or III, quality and previous experience with Nadcap and ISO. NAS410 and ISO 17025, with strong experience in both preferred, but not necessary. NDT Manager is responsible for handling all quality issues. This is a "hands-on" position spent on the production floor to promote our quality standards.
This is a Full Time, Regular Employee position.
- Act as corporate NDT/NDE Manager in establishing and standardizing non-destructive techniques, policies and procedures for all NDE/NDT related activities including system integration and maintenance.
- Work as part of team in the design and integration of automated/on-line non-destructive inspection systems.
- Provide day-to-day floor leadership and technical input to calibrate equipment, conduct tests, and to interpret, evaluate, and document results in accordance with RT/MT/UT procedures.
- Assign and direct employees in Radiographic processes based on the business unit and customer requirements, as it relates to safety, quality, personnel certification, production and delivery.
- Interpreting codes, standards and specifications; designating the particular NDE/NDT methods, techniques, and procedures to be used.
- Interfacing with Engineering and Estimating on special QA requirements.
- Conducting systematic quality and failure investigations and interfacing with third party and/or customer inspection agencies.
- Training, examination and certification for Level I and II personnel.
- Reporting any non-compliance related to NDE/NDT and recommend corrective action
- Help in determining the selection of NDT /NDE equipment and inspection processes for the company’s short term and long term needs. - Ensure compliance to our corporate NDT/NDE policies and procedures within the different business and divisions in our company. Ensure all plants have standardized methods and processes. Ensure documentation of all methods and procedures for calibration, setup, continuous monitoring are provided to the plants
- Ensure NDT operators are properly trained as well and certified to operate any equipment
- Developing procedures for new products
- Participate and lead continuous improvement projects on current products to improve yield, efficiency, reliability and detection capability while reducing prove-up to maximize productivity
- Shall meet the minimum requirements of SNT-TC- 1A or equivalent.
- Ten to twelve years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Continuing education through ASNT required for Level III standing
- Needs to be a strong communicator – both verbal, written and presentation skills.
- A self starter who will be able to drive excellence in NDT practices within the corporation. Drive best practices through processes and methods.
- Develop curriculum and train newcomers into NDT to become certified inspectors. Be part of leadership team in making recommendations and conducting bench marks for new NDT systems, technologies and methods.
- Strong familiarity with the Automotive, Aerospace and Defense specifications.