Granite Services International Inc. is a global leader in variable workforce solutions and a wholly-owned affiliate of General Electric. With over 30 global offices, Granite can easily provide every employee, on or off field assignments, with continuous support. Granite provides peace of mind on the home front and the confidence to work anywhere in the field. We're a company pioneered by field engineers with years of hard-earned, first-hand experience. Our founders understand power generation inside-out, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Industrial Equipment, and Sophisticated Control Systems, from administration, project planning, project execution, project controls, Installation, and equipment maintenance.
We are looking to fill a field service position in the Los Angeles, CA area. The position requires 50% - 80% travel in on-call situations to support and perform Remote Visual Inspections and repairs on industrial equipment and machinery.
This person must be local to the southern California area, specifically within 45 minutes of Costa Mesa, CA/ There is no relocation expense with this position.
This position demands a high level of commitment and initiative in order to satisfy Inspection Technologies, Inc. customers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be expected to perform Remote Visual Inspections in the field for a variety of clients including but not limited to Refineries, Utilities, Chemical Plants, Wind and other testing companies. The inspection will be on rotating and other types of industrial equipment and machinery.
- You will be expected to perform and assist in the generation of the Field Service and Rental revenue.
- You will be expected to work in many different environments including potentially dangerous and strenuous situations such as working at heights and in confined spaces.
- The position requires 50% - 80% travel in on-call situations to support GE Inspection Technologies service commitment to its customers of 24 x 7 same or next day service, 365 days a year. You will be required to participate in an on-call schedule on weekends and holidays and travel will occasionally include extended periods away from home of approximately 3 to 8 week assignments.
- You must be able to meet the requirements of VT Level II certification within one year from start of employment.
- You will be expected to follow all GEIT and ISR specific policies and procedures.
- You will be expected to become proficient with and to assist as required in the GEIT equipment rental program. This includes the ability to take orders, process equipment out and receive equipment from customers.
- You must satisfactorily complete various safety training courses including but not limited to Hazard Communication, Confined Space, Respiratory Protection, Fall Protection, Lockout / Tagout, CPR, and First Aid.
- You will be expected to always work safely and never put yourself or anyone else in a dangerous situation
- Works with Field Service Mentor until qualified.
- Works independent of supervision and be able resourceful and maintain professionalism in high stress environments.
- Technical decisions concerning field readiness and execution under advice of Mentor until qualified.
- Technical decisions concerning field readiness and execution.
- Prepare detailed accurate reports of inspection findings for customers and clients.
- Exercise sound judgement and maintain high degree of business professionalism in a customer service driven environment.
- One on one Training under guidance of mentor for period of 3 months.