The EPOCH 1000 Series Digital Ultrasonic Flaw Detectors combines the highest level of performance for conventional portable flaw detection with the power of phased array imaging. The EPOCH 1000, 1000iR and 1000i feature a new horizontal case style with full VGA display, knob and navigation arrows for parameter adjustment, and full EN12668‑1 compliance. The advanced conventional ultrasonic functionality of the EPOCH 1000 series is augmented in the EPOCH 1000i with phased array imaging capabilities
Available with Phased Array Imaging Package
Over 30 digital receiver filter selections
6 kHz pulse repetition rate for high speed scanning
- Automatic phased array probe recognition
- Intuitive wedge delay and sensitivity calibration for all focal laws
- Programmable analog/alarm outputs
- IP66 environmental rating for harsh environments
- Horizontal design with navigation panel and knob parameter adjustment
- Digital high dynamic range receiver
- Full VGA sunlight readable display
- ClearWave™ Visual Enhancement Package for conventional A-scan interpretation
- Reference and measurement cursors
- Standard dynamic DAC/TVG
- Standard onboard DGS/AVG
Advanced Ultrasound, Upgradable to Phased Array
The EPOCH 1000, EPOCH 1000iR, and EPOCH 1000i provide advanced conventional ultrasound capabilities for both the standard and advanced level inspector. These portable instruments can also be integrated into small systems for high speed scanning and single channel imaging. They come standard with a host of high performance features, including a 6 kHz maximum Pulse Rate Frequency (PRF) with single-shot measurements for accurate high speed scanning applications, tunable square wave pulser with PerfectSquare™ technology, and comprehensive digital filter sets for exceptional signal-to-noise clarity.
- Dynamic DAC/TVG, including ASME, ASME-III, JIS, 20-80%, Custom, and TVG Table
- Adjustable Pulse Repetition Frequency (PRF): 5 Hz to 6 kHz
- Single-shot measurements in all standard modes
- Tunable Square Wave Pulser with PerfectSquare™ technology
- Programmable analog and alarm outputs
- Over 30 digital filter sets
- Digital high dynamic range receiver
- Interface Gate: This optional third measurement gate allows real-time tracking of a variable interface echo to maintain consistent digital measurements.
-AWS Welding Rating: This weld rating calculator provides a live AWS D1.1/D1.5 code compliant "D" value weld rating for gated flaw indications.
-Onboard DGS/AVG: The DGS/AVG flaw sizing technique uses calculated attenuation curves to aid operators in sizing potential defects. A vast onboard library of characterized probes allows the operator to quickly and easily setup a DGS/AVG curve and perform precise flaw sizing.
EPOCH 1000 Clearwave™ Visual Enhancements
The EPOCH 1000 features a new and exciting set of visual enhancement capabilities to improve the quality and ease of detection in advanced applications.
- SureView™: feature based on the functionality of analog CRT displays allowing the inspector to visualize peak indications from reflectors even when the instrument range compresses these indication peaks beyond visual perception.
- Composite A-scan: This feature displays all A-scans acquired in between screen update rates (multiple A-scans when PRF > 60 Hz) and overlays them together on the screen.
- Max Amplitude: displays only the A-scan with the highest gated amplitude reading.
- Min Thickness: displays only A-scans representing the minimum thickness reading.
- Averaged A-scan: New functionality allows the inspector to view an average of acquired A-scans.
- Persistence Mode: retains previously acquired A-scans on the instrument display for a predetermined amount of time.
- Baseline Break: displays "zero-cross" points as lines connecting individual A-scan lobes to the baseline in full wave rectified mode.
ADVANCED ULTRASOUND WITH PHASED ARRAY IMAGING PACKAGE
The EPOCH 1000 i provides powerful conventional ultrasonic and phased array flaw detection in a portable, rugged instrument. It allows increased probability of detection of flaws, better visualization of areas of interest and increases inspection efficiency by allowing a single setup to view A-scans at multiple angles (focal laws), eliminating the need for multiple probes and wedges. Users can still rely on the exceptional conventional performance of the EPOCH 1000 while gaining all the benefits from the phased array capabilities of the EPOCH 1000 i. The EPOCH 1000 i allows operators to perform code-compliant inspections according to conventional standards with the advantages of phased array to increase accuracy and efficiency.
Available with a standard 16:16 configuration, the EPOCH 1000 i also includes many sizing features to aid in flaw inspections. The instrument comes standard with A-scan and S-scan reference and sizing cursors for flaw size evaluation. The EPOCH 1000 i also provides DAC/TVG capabilities for every focal law, allowing flaw characterization of a selected A-scan based on an acquired DAC