The Metrology Center at Jesse Garant & Associates provides Industrial CT Scanning Services. By utilizing Industrial CT Scanning Inspection Services, clients are able to drastically reduce preproduction inspection costs and analyze internal failures quickly and accurately in 3D without destructive testing. Due to numerous types of Industrial CT Scanners used by the metrology center, customer projects ranging from micro parts to 39"/1m cubed parts can be effectively scanned and analyzed.
Once the initial scan has been completed, the client is able to choose one or a number of "A-La-Cart" options below to meet the project objectives. After the completion of the project, a webinar is performed to review the results and a results DVD is shipped back to the customer
Part to CAD / Part to Part Comparison
Importing one unique CT dataset along with CAD data or two unique CT datasets and fitting them together via a best fit method or using specified datum references. The differences are shown on a surface color map.
Assembly / Defect Analysis
Importing one unique CT dataset part or assembly and generating an analysis to differentiate materials based upon varying density.
Importing one CT dataset and generating an analysis to determine the size and locations of porosities. The porosity within the parts is categorized by color based on their respective sizes.
Generation of Intermediary CAD File
Importing one unique CT dataset and generating an intermediary CAD file. The file format is a generic CAD file format that is recognized by many CAD, FEA, Fluid Dynamics and Mold Flow software.
Wall Stock Analysis
Importing one unique CT dataset and generating an analysis to identify areas of inconsistent thickness when compared to a predetermined size. The differences are shown on a surface color map.
Blueprint Layout Programming Per Location
(Requires the selection of Part to CAD Comparison) Generation of a measurement plan to work in conjunction with predetermined callouts on supplied GD&T data.
• Product quality is improved to reduce the risk of recalls
• Development costs are reduced in creating the first CAD model
• Delicate and fragile parts can be scanned in a free state environment
• Depending on the selected analysis, material density and type of scanner, accuracy
can be guaranteed between ±0.0002" and ±0.020" (±3 micron and ±500 micron)
• Internal complex part features can be precisely measured without destructive testing
• Inspection and analysis costs from first article to production are significantly reduced
• Design requirements for both internal and external components are validated quickly and accurately