Cygnus CygScope RD uses detection of ultrasound to allow the user to quickly and accurately find leaks in industrial machinery, faults in electrical insulation and early wear in bearings. The friction and leakages of gases and liquids produce ultrasound which then the intensity of the detected ultrasound is displayed on the LED bar graph and is made audible through either the internal loudspeaker or headphones.
• Ultrasound amplitude clearly displayed on LCD screen and LED bar-graph
• Equipped with a second amplification circuit, the LCD readout is independent of the LED bar-graph
• Audio alert through built-in loudspeaker or headphones
• The function of storing maximum value of an ultrasound signal helps locate the source of the maximum amplitude
• Backlight switches on automatically when the ambient light is low
• Practical, robust instrument suited to virtually all types of leak detection
• Simple to use
• Highly sensitive, with a large variety of probes.
Leaking gas or liquid in pipelines emits ultrasound. These emissions can be precisely located using the CygScope.