Level 2 Inspector RT
Posted: 11/18/2017 1:14:07 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* An NDT Level 2 shall have the skills and knowledge to set up and calibrate equipment, to conduct tests, and to interpret, evaluate, and document results in accordance with procedures approved by the responsible Level 3 with respect to applicable codes, specifications, and standards. The level 2 shall be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the test method and shall exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job (OJT) training and guidance of trainees and Level 1 personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Have the skills and knowledge to set up and standardize equipment, process parts, interpret and evaluate for acceptance or rejection, and document results.
* Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the technique/method.
* Have the skills and knowledge to conduct systems performance checks in accordance with the applicable process standard.
* Capable of providing the necessary guidance and/or supervision to trainees and level I personnel.
* Be familiar with the codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the methods as used by X-R-I Testing.
* When specified in the written practice, be capable of developing work instructions from the approved general procedures. Such work instructions shall require final approval by a level 3 certified in the method.
* Have a basic knowledge of the relevant product manufacturing and inspection technology.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual shall have sufficient education, training and experience to ensure qualification in Radiographic Testing.
* Certifiable to Level 2 per the requirements of NAS 410 and XRI-2002, i.e., a Level 2 RT certification and an additional 40 hours of formal training in RT, and an additional 1,200 hours of RT on the job experience or a trainee with at least 80 hours of formal training in RT, and at least 1,600 hours of on the job experience.
* Mentor and train coworkers assigned to you through on the job training in safe work practices, technical skills and compliance with company policy.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* NDT Level 2 certification in: RT. Certifiable to Level 2 per the requirements of NAS 410 and XRI-2002, i.e., a Level 2 RT certification and an additional 40 hours of formal training in RT, and an additional 1,200 hours of RT on the job experience or a trainee with at least 80 hours of formal training in RT, and at least 1,600 hours of on the job experience.
State/Country: North America,--Michigan
Please See Job Description