Posted: 3/3/2018 12:12:00 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The main function of the Assistant is to learn all aspect of inspection services from the Technician. This will include using, supplying, and/or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment. Following established methods of inspection and procedures to determine product compliance in learning different NDT methods and techniques.
Duties and Responsiblities:
* Assist Technician in project execution and daily tasks assigned as required.
* Assist Technicians with organizing and reporting of service provided.
* Prepare, set-up, and complete all necessary paperwork as required by client and company requirements.
* Set-up boundaries and surveillance of work area, if required, and prevent unauthorized personnel from entering work area.
* Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
* Responsible for replenishing and organizing the required supplies, as needed, to perform assign methods.
* Responsible for cleanliness of all work areas.
* Observes test procedures and product compliance to learn internal and industry specifications.
* Observe and learn the procedures required to perform work and gain certification in the required NDT methods.
* Observe and learn proper documentation process required for NDT testing.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude toward internally and externally.
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy.
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Ability to read technical documents, preferred.
* Working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products, preferred.
* Basic knowledge and understanding inspection technology, preferred.
* A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively.
Education and Work Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* This is an entry level position with minimum or no experience required.
* Experience in NDT industry is highly desirable.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
State/Country: North America,--Texas