NDT Tech Radiography
Posted: 4/12/2019 10:38:23 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
An NDT Level 1 shall have the skills and knowledge to set up and calibrate equipment, to conduct tests, and to interpret, evaluate, and document results in accordance with procedures approved by the responsible Level 3 with respect to applicable codes, specifications, and standards. The level I shall be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the test method and shall exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job (OJT).
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ability to follow work instructions.
* Have the skills and knowledge to process parts, document results and perform equipment standardization in accordance with approved work instructions.
* Have the skills and knowledge to carry out any necessary preparation of parts before or after inspection in accordance with approved work instructions.
* Have the skills and knowledge to conduct system performance checks in accordance with the applicable process standard.
* Receive guidance or supervision from a certified level 2 or 3 in that method when necessary.
* When specified in the written practice and approved by the Responsible Level 3, may perform interpretations and evaluations of specific product(s) or product form(s) for acceptance or rejection in accordance with the approved work instructions.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Ability to utilize mathematical formulas.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to follow safety regulations.
* Computer literate with emphasis on Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Ability to read and understand technical documents relating to the applicable method.
* High level of interpersonal communication skills.
* Assist in the maintaining of the KAIZEN 6S discipline.
* SORT: Eliminate everything not required for the current work, keeping only the bare essentials.
* STRAIGHTEN: Arrange items in a way that they are easily visible and accessible.
* SHINE: Clean everything and find ways to keep it clean. Make cleaning a part of your everyday work.
* STANDARDIZE: Create rules by which the first 3 S's are maintained.
* SUSTAIN: Keep 5S activities from unraveling
* SAFETY: Eliminate hazards
* Utilize Hi-lo & crane and other material handling equipment
* Ability and willingness to cross train other NDT methods
* Ability to work effectively with others and in a team environment.
* Flexible to work any shift and overtime as required.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of X-Ray Industries. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
Education and Work Experience:
* To perform this job successfully, an individual shall have sufficient education, training and experience to ensure qualification in Radiographic Testing.
* Certifiable to Level 1 per the requirements of NAS 410 and XRI-2002, i.e., a minimum of 40 hours of formal training in RT and 400 hours of RT on the job experience.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* NDT Level I certifiable to: Level 1 per the requirements of NAS 410 and XRI-2002, i.e., a minimum of 40 hours of formal training in RT and 400 hours of RT on the job experience.
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
X-Ray Industries, an Applus+ company, is a well-established non-destructive testing service provider in the Aerospace industry. With over 75 years of experience, X-Ray Industries is the oldest, most-established NDT provider, offering a broad range of testing and inspection capabilities.