Alternate Radiation Safety Officer
Posted: 3/9/2020 10:09:44 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
MISTRAS Group, Inc.
The Alternate Radiation Safety Officer (ARSO) works directly for the Radiation Safety Officer and assists the RSO with monthly swap out and timely return of personnel dosimetry, performing field audits on radiographic personnel, performing quarterly equipment inspection/maintenance, verifying security program performance and RAM inventories. Assisting during RAM emergencies and source recoveries up to the individual’s level of training and expertise. The ARSO assists the RSO with assuring that all job sites and the Benicia facility use of radiation conform with the MISTRAS Radioactive Material License, selected industry standards, ALARA and applicable government regulations. The ARSO will have the desire to help improve the quality, safety and training of the Radiation Safety Program.
• Reports directly to the RSO and in the event the RSO is absent or unable to complete the required duties for any reason the ARSO must be able to conduct RSO duties as needed.
• Review state and federal laws and Mistras O & E to recommend modifications to enhance and ensure the compliance, safety, and efficiency of the MISTRAS Radiation Safety Program.
• Perform and/or review investigations of overexposures, accidents, losses, thefts, unauthorized receipts, misuses, or other deviations from approved radiation safety practice and implement corrective actions when necessary.
• Respond to radiation safety emergencies and prepare and submit reports to the appropriate governing bodies.
• Perform radiation safety audits and recommend improvements at each service location within the Mistras network.
• Conduct inspections of associated equipment and radiographic equipment. Preform leak tests as required.
• Assist the RSO with training newly assigned personal and conducting refresher classes.
• Transports hazardous material/radioactive sources and follows Department of Transportation regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• Associates or bachelor’s degree from either a college or a trade school or equivalent work experience.
• Must be a certified Radiographer. Must Possess an IRRSP or an AGREEMENT STATES RADIOGRAPHERS certification.
• Must possess a valid Transportation Workers Identification Card. (TWIC)
• Must be proficient in Microsoft word and Excel.
• We will send the right candidate to RSO/IATA/DEVICE MAINTENANCE and SOURCE RETRIEVAL training.
Fulltime positions with competitive wages and benefits that include: health, dental, vision and 401(k).
Please apply to the link below:
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.