Resident API Inspector - Chesapeake/Richmond, VA
Posted: 7/2/2020 9:01:39 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Applied Technical Services, Inc.
Applied Technical Services, Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate with a two or four year Mechanical Engineering degree and at least one API certification, for a long-term resident local assignment or to work from our Richmond or Chesapeake office. The primary focus will be on mechanical equipment reliability and the inspection and assessment of tanks, vessels, piping components.
Founded in 1967, Applied Technical Services, Inc. has established a reputation with business, industry, and the legal profession for successfully uncovering facts in Metallurgy and Materials Testing, Chemical Analysis, Non-destructive Testing, Forensic and Consulting Engineering, Fire and Explosion Investigations, and Calibration Services. ATS is consistently ranked in the top 10 of all Atlanta engineering firms, with over 1,000 employees and $100,000,000 in annual revenue.
Reports to: Consulting Engineering Manager
Location: Richmond or Chesapeake, VA
„X Performs field inspections of tanks, pressure vessels, and piping for compliance with standards and regulations, and ensures quality control and compliance
„X Provides recommendations for repairs and alterations to tanks, pressure vessels, piping and other components.
- Current API certification in one of the following is required:
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical equipment reliability
- Two year or four year degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial inspection, operations, and maintenance experience
- Plant engineering or steel fabrication experience
- Process improvement experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work unsupervised
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to write reports detailing assessments and results
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a growing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Power-point and AutoCAD
- Familiarity with API, ASME, NBIC
- Ability and willingness to travel 20-50%
¡§U.S. Persons¡¨ Only: A requirement of this position is access to information that is subject to U.S. export controls under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (¡§ITAR¡¨). Accordingly, the company will consider only ¡§U.S. Persons¡¨ for this position. A ¡§U.S. Person¡¨ includes (a) U.S. citizens or nationals; (b) U.S. lawful permanent residents (i.e., ¡§green card¡¨ holders); (c) persons granted refugee status; or (d) persons granted asylum in the United States. This information is collected solely for purposes of complying with U.S. export control requirements and will not be used to unlawfully discriminate in the hiring process.
Benefits include competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, short term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with matching contribution, quarterly bonus opportunity, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and a paid time off/vacation package. ATS is a drug free environment.
Applied Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
API 510 and/or 570 and/or 653