NDE Technician (MT, PT, UT)
Posted: 9/7/2021 9:54:05 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
System One has an immediate need for multiple NDE Technicians (Level I or Level II) for our client in Charlotte, NC. Initial projects will last through October but could turn into permanent employment based on performance and company needs.
• Has a sense for mechanical concepts and spatial relationships
• Has a strong understanding of the basic physical NDE principles and processes and is competent in advanced technologies
• Able to set up and calibrate equipment, conduct the inspection according to procedures, interpret, evaluate, and document results in all the testing method(s) utilized by the certificate holder.
• Provides on the job training for Level I and Level I Limited and act as oversight
• Organizes and documents the results of the inspection.
• Familiar with all applicable codes, standards, and other documents that control the NDT method being utilized.
• Exhibits ethical behavior, trustworthy, respectful of peers
• Able to conduct examinations independently and trouble shoot equipment
• Team oriented, professionally minded
• High school diploma or equivalency with secondary education leading toward an AS/BS in science, materials, or engineering
• 2+ years of industry-related experience as a Level II NDE examiner or 2+ years of experience with AS or BS degree
• Has successfully completed any additionally required training and secured Level II NDE certification in no less than one (1) surface methods (VT, MT or PT) and one (1) volumetric (UT, ET or RT) NDE method within six (6) months
• Preference for candidates with certification in MT/PT and UT with Phased Array (UT-PA) and/or Time-of-Flight Diffraction (UT-TOFD) endorsements.
• Willing to work in extreme environments.
• Willing to accept extensive travel assignments (approximately 50-60% of calendar year); acceptable to extended work hours/days/weeks
• Flexible to the dynamics of client scheduling
• Safety conscious and compliant to written procedures and quality practices.