Posted: 3/16/2023 1:58:38 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
RI Rhode Island
Position Title: Manager Nondestructive Testing
Reports To: General Manager
Department: Nondestructive and Technical Services
Responsible for all aspects of a department's operation, including compliance with relative codes standards and regulations, personnel management, and profitability. The work will primarily include the after-market of the non-nuclear power industry, petroleum-chemical and heavy industrial customers.
Essential Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Manage the departmental activities, such as scheduling and coordinating of field, in-house, or subcontractor activity.
• Organize and control the workflow for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of tasks and projects.
• Responsible for the skill development and qualified succession of staff through hiring, training, and performance management process.
• Accountable for proposal and bidding activities along with tracking employee hours and related commercial aspects.
• Responsible for the approval and content of all technical reports.
• Develop, maintain and monitor record-keeping systems in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Develop working relations with sub-contractors and clients.
• Assist with all activities, as required.
• Assist with special projects.
• Perform other duties as required.
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• In-depth knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
• Familiar with all conventional Nondestructive testing techniques (MT, PT, VT, RT, UT, UTT), replication, hardness, and PMI
• Related certifications preferred Level II, III, and/or CWI.
• Industrial radiography experience (IRRSP) a plus.
• Professional communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
Physical and Mental Demands:
• Reading, writing, calculating, working under pressure.
• Lifting, climbing, and stooping.
• Travel as required (local, as well as overnight).
• Ability to deal with stressful situations.
Work schedule can vary day to day (dependent on client needs).
• Waiting period may apply
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $1.00 per hour
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
Work Location: Multiple Locations