Fulltime PLI Assistants
Posted: 11/13/2023 7:05:32 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Acuren is looking for PLI Assistants to train as PLI Technicians for several full-time positions around the US.
Working in the Pipeline Integrity Services group, a range of technical and operational assignments will be conducted relating to pipeline field examination, analysis, review, and reporting of pipeline inspection data, ultimately supporting our customers’ pipeline integrity management programs. Approximately 90% of this role will be spent in the field, field office, and traveling across the US. 10% of time will be spent at the home division location. The PLI Assistant will work in support of the PLI Technician for extended periods in remote areas.
• Candidate preference for those who have current and valid Level II Magnetic Particle Testing, Ultrasonic Thickness and UT Shearwave.
• Assist PLI Technicians in performing specific calibrations, nondestructive examinations, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations.
• Assist PLI Technicians in equipment setup, work execution, and accurate recording of inspection results.
• The PLI Assistant will receive on-the-job and classroom training to develop and further their career as an PLI Technician, commitment to ongoing learning and development.
• Adaptability to work productively in remote locations, away from home, for extended periods.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills to work collaboratively with diverse team members.
• Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by management.
• Proficient in computer skills and communication – comfortable utilizing MS office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel), articulate well communicating both verbally and written such as emails.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Willingness to travel at least 9-10 months out of the year across the US.
• Certifications – Level II Ultrasonic Thickness, Level II Ultrasonic Shear Wave, Level II Magnetic Particle Inspection
o AUT: Automated Ultrasonic Corrosion Scan Mapping
o Level II Ultrasonic Phased Array, Eddy Current Spyne
o Creaform 3-D Handyscan (Laser Scanning)
o Guided Wave Ultrasonics ‘GUL’
• Any prior exposure to ‘in-the-ditch’ (bellhole) pipeline integrity work.
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
• 401K Plan
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off
If you’re interested, please click on the link below to apply.
Please email your QA documents to Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. High School Diploma/GED or College degree
2. Proof of classroom hours
3. Proof of experience hours
4. TWIC card (if you have one)
Acuren is a trusted, single source provider of technology-enabled asset protection solutions used to evaluate the structural integrity of critical energy, industrial and public infrastructures. Committed to delivering a Higher Level of Reliability, Acuren provides an unrivaled spectrum of capabilities including inspection, traditional and advanced NDE/NDT, failure analysis, rope access, materials engineering, field engineering, reliability engineering, drones, robotics, V-Deck and condition-based monitoring services. Our work is critical to the integrity and safety of industrial firms, including petroleum refinery, pipeline, power generation, pulp & paper, mining, pharmaceutical, aerospace and automotive industries. Acuren employs over 4,000 dedicated professionals supporting the mechanical integrity and inspection programs of the world’s largest industrial segments. Acuren is a market leader. Our formula for success is straightforward: be capable locally, with certified and well-equipped personnel supported by trained, experienced leaders. Continuing to build on a strong heritage of safety, quality and professionalism, Acuren strives to maintain incident free work environments, pursues advanced technical developments, and supports reliability programs that are valued by clients and employees.