Ultrasonics support specialist
Posted: 11/20/2023 2:33:57 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Full-time / work from home
Job description Ultrasonics Application support Specialist
Home based in USA or Canada, you will play a vital role in supporting our clients and internal organization in the field of ultrasonic testing and inspections. You will be responsible for providing technical expertise, sample testing, training, demonstration and guidance to clients, as well as troubleshooting complex issues, and assisting in the
development and implementation of ultrasonics NDT solutions, with an emphasis on composite materials and structures.
• Operating as the NDT specialist, working with and supporting our front-end Sales
and Service operatives and specialists.
• Providing NDT application expertise, advice and technical support to our distributors and the customers who use our products and services.
• Client Application & Technical support: Provide expert support to clients regarding ultrasonic testing and inspections. Address inquiries, manage complex issues, and offer guidance on the selection and use of our ultrasonic equipment and techniques, with an emphasis on composite materials and structures.
• Application development: Collaborate with clients to understand their specific NDT-UT requirements and recommend ultrasonic testing solutions.
• Training and education: Conduct familiarization and commercial training sessions
and workshops for clients to enhance their understanding of our equipment operation, and data interpretation. Provide guidance on best practices for
accurate and reliable inspections.
• Sample Testing and Reporting: Conduct feasibility studies of customer samples to test or improve existing products and services. Perform sample testing, analyzing the test data and generate detailed selling reports highlighting inspection findings, including defect characterization, sizing, and assessment of material integrity.
• Collaboration within cross-functional teams: Work closely with the sales, engineering, and R&D teams to identify client needs, provide technical insights and contribute to the definition and development of new DC2 products and
• Collaboration with Sales and Marketing: Work closely to develop and publish case studies, papers and other marketing materials that address client needs. Participate and contribute with sales and marketing n tradeshows.
• Industry knowledge and research: Stay updated with the latest advancements,
trends, and best practices in ultrasonic NDT.
• Customer relationship management: Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, providing excellent customer service, and acting as a trusted advisor. Understand client requirements and provide timely and effective solutions.
• Compliance and safety: Adhere to all relevant safety guidelines, regulations, and company policies. Promote a culture of safety and compliance in all activities.
• Recording and editing product demonstration videos for LinkedIn, YouTube and for use in technical presentations.
• Prepared to provide logistics support, shipping and receipt of equipment and samples inbound or overseas, from and to our customers or dolphitech locations, including the related administrative activities.