Nondestructive Testing Specialist (Ultrasonic) San Antonio, TX
The Nondestructive NDT testing candidate will receive on the job training and is to work with the NDE team members in the development of advanced Ultrasonic Phased Array (UTPA) examination procedures & techniques. You will be part of a team solving complex NDE issues and be a contributor to project goals. On the job training will be provided to properly setup, calibrate equipment, establish focal laws, perform examinations, and analyze results using UTPA analysis software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes but is not limited to the following duties.
• Have the skills and knowledge to interpret industry codes, standards, and other contractual documents.
• Assisting NDE Level III within the NDE lab facilities.
• Assist in the development of draft UTPA examination procedures.
• Assist in technical reviews with the NDE Level III.
• Assist in providing training and guidance to other personnel.
• Assist inspection team in high quality examinations using UTPA.
• Assist in detail processing of paperwork and documentation of test results.
• Assist in review and verification of product to customer specifications.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, or via e-mail, with co-workers as a representative of the company.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a wide range of team members in a diverse community.
Education and/or Experience:
• Graduated from a college or university specializing in Nondestructive testing (NDE)
• Phased Array Ultrasonic experience with any software is preferred, however not required.