Terms and Conditions for the Use of NDT.org
1. ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF SERVICE NDT.org ("NDT.org"), owned and operated by Bongiovanni Research & Technology, Inc. ("Bongiovanni Research"), is provided to you ("Member") under the terms and conditions of this NDT.org Terms of Service (This Agreement) and any operating rules or policies that may be published by Bongiovanni Research. This Agreement comprises the entire agreement between Member and NDT.org and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein. BY COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, YOU ARE INDICATING YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF This Agreement.
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE NDT.org provides Member with various publishing and community services, including but not limited to the capability to post information to a web page and participate in web-based discussions. Some of these services will be free of charge, others may cost money or have other requirements. The requirements or fees for any service or option will be clearly explained and separately agreed to when Member implements those options, if any. Member must: (1) provide all equipment, including a computer and modem, necessary to establish a connection to the World Wide Web; (2) provide for own access to the World Wide Web and pay any telephone service fees associated with such access. Free sites must keep at least 90% of the content by page count and storage volume visible to the general public without password protection.
3. MODIFICATIONS TO TERMS OF SERVICE Bongiovanni Research may change the terms and conditions of This Agreement from time to time. Upon major changes in the terms and conditions of This Agreement, Bongiovanni Research will notify you by posting the changes as a start-up screen prior to your subsequent use of the Service.
Member's continued use of the Service constitutes an affirmative: (1) acknowledgment by Member of This Agreement and This Agreement modifications; and (2) agreement by Member to abide and be bound by This Agreement and This Agreement modifications.
4. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE Bongiovanni Research reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service with or without notice to Member. Bongiovanni Research shall not be liable to Member or any third party should Bongiovanni Research exercise This Agreement right to modify or discontinue the Service.
It is Bongiovanni Research's policy to respect the privacy of Members. Therefore, Bongiovanni Research will not disclose to any third party Member's name or contact information. Bongiovanni Research will also not monitor, edit, or disclose the contents of a Member's information unless required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Bongiovanni Research; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Bongiovanni Research; or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of This Agreement members or the public; (4) fix or debug problems with the NDT.org software/service.
6a. CONTENT OWNERSHIP Unless stated otherwise for specific services, Member will retain copyright ownership and all related rights for information he or she publishes through NDT.org or otherwise enters into NDT.org-related services.
6b. CONTENT RESPONSIBILITY Member acknowledges and agrees that Bongiovanni Research neither endorses the contents of any Member communications nor assumes responsibility for any threatening, libelous, obscene, harassing or offensive material contained therein, any infringement of third party intellectual property rights arising therefrom or any crime facilitated thereby.
7. MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD, AND SECURITY Once you become a member of the Service, you shall receive a password and an account. You are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities which occur under your account. You may change your password at any time (to do so, login and click "edit profile" from any page.
Member agrees to immediately notify Bongiovanni Research of any unauthorized use of Member's account or any other breach of security known to Member.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES MEMBER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT MEMBER'S SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS.
Bongiovanni Research EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Bongiovanni Research MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
MEMBER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT MEMBER'S OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT MEMBER WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO MEMBER'S COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA.
Bongiovanni Research MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICE.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY MEMBER FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY Bongiovanni Research SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR FOR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASE OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICE OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF MEMBER'S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. NO RESALE OF THE SERVICE Member agrees not to resell the Service, without the express consent of Bongiovanni Research.
11. STORAGE AND OTHER LIMITATIONS Bongiovanni Research assumes no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store information entered into NDT.org.
12. MEMBER CONDUCT Member is solely responsible for the contents of his or her transmissions through the Service. Member's use of the Service is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
Member agrees: (1) to comply with US law regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States through the Service; (2) not to use the Service for illegal purposes; (3) not to interfere or disrupt networks connected to the Service; and (4) to comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of networks connected to the Service.
The Service makes use of the Internet to send and receive certain messages; therefore, Member's conduct is subject to Internet regulations, policies and procedures. Member will not use the Service for chain letters, junk mail, spamming or any use of distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process.
Member agrees not to transmit through the Service any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, or harmful material of any kind or nature. Member further agrees not to transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation. Member further agrees not to transmit any material that could be considered obscene or pornographic. Attempts to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems are prohibited.
Member shall not interfere with another Member's use and enjoyment of the Service or another entity's use and enjoyment of similar services.
Member agrees not to transmit through the Service any Google® or Yahoo!® style text ads, or any image banner ads, or any ads served by third party services without registration in a NDT.org program which specifically allows said items or the written consent of Bongiovanni Research.
Bongiovanni Research may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate Service should Member's conduct fail to conform with these terms and conditions of This Agreement.
13. INDEMNIFICATION Member agrees to indemnify and hold Bongiovanni Research, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Member's use of the Service, the violation of this This Agreement by Member, or the infringement by Member, or other user of the Service using Member's computer, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
14. TERMINATION Either Member or Bongiovanni Research may terminate the Service with or without cause at any time and effective immediately. Bongiovanni Research shall not be liable to Member or any third party for termination of Service.
Should Member object to any terms and conditions of This Agreement or any subsequent modifications thereto or become dissatisfied with the Service in any way, Member's only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the Service.
Upon termination of the Service, Member's right to use the Service and Software immediately ceases. Member shall have no right and Bongiovanni Research will have no obligation thereafter to forward any unread or unsent messages to Member or any third party.
15. NOTICE All notices to a party shall be in writing and shall be made either via email or conventional mail. Bongiovanni Research may broadcast notices or messages through the Service to inform Member of changes to This Agreement, the Service, or other matters of importance; such broadcasts shall constitute notice to Member.
17. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS TO CONTENT Member acknowledges that content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material contained in either sponsor advertisements or email-distributed, commercially produced information presented to Member by the Service ("Content") by Bongiovanni Research or Bongiovanni Research's Advertisers, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws; therefore, Member is only permitted to use this Content as expressly authorized by the Service or the Advertiser. Member may not copy, reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works from this Content without expressly being authorized to do so by the Service or the Advertiser.
18. LAWS This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, excluding This Agreement conflict of law provisions.
Member and Bongiovanni Research agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of California. If any provision(s) of This Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect.
Bongiovanni Research's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of This Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Bongiovanni Research in writing.
Member and Bongiovanni Research agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to this Service must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. The section titles in This Agreement are solely used for the convenience of the parties and have no legal or contractual significance.
VIOLATIONS Please report any violations of the TOS via the webmaster.