Apprentice Position - Heat Treatment
Posted: 12/4/2007 6:51:55 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
SMR SERVICES GROUP, INC
Full time / Permanent
This program is an 18-24 month education and training program where the initial focus will be studying, learning and applying industrial safety practices. Location is in Milwaukee, WI.
This is an entry level position in which the basic skills of five NDE disciplines and two field heat treatment methods will be learned through formal and standardized classroom instruction, self-study and on-the-job-training.
In this position, the essential duties will include:
1) Assisting technicians in set-up and tear down of equipment
2) Perform routine and preventative maintenance tasks, calibrations and overall equpment and facilities upkeep.
3) Assist technicians in project execution and daily tasks associated with providing industrial maintenance services.
4) Assist with proper documentation and reports of services provided.
This apprenticeship program will take place in both a lab setting and industrial environments.
The right candidate for these positions must have :
A High school diploma or equivalent
Must have the ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond to short notice work assignments some of which require travel.
The ability to adapt to an ever-changing schedule and be able to read technical documents and engineering specifications.
Must be able to follow precise directions and procedures as well as be able to communicate with clients, supervisor and co-workers.
And you MUST possess a valid driverís license and have a clean driving record.