Fantastic opportunities in NDE Services
Posted: 3/5/2008 10:26:02 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Structural Integrity Associates, Inc.
NC North Carolina
Full Time and Alternative Full Time Available
We offer competitive paid and benefits!
Structural Integrity Position Description
Position: NDE Level III (Sr. Specialist – Sr. Consultant)
Department: NDE Services Group
Location: Multiple locations across the country including Charlotte, NC, Chattanooga, TN, Annapolis, MD and more. We will consider home-based as well.
Structural Integrity Associates, Inc. (SI), founded in 1983, is an engineering consulting firm of approximately 235 highly qualified professionals and support personnel. SI possesses products and expertise that span all aspects of structural integrity in industrial components and equipment, including:
• Corrosion control
• Fracture mechanics
• Stress analysis
• Corrosion, fatigue and creep analysis
• Metallurgy and materials
• Nondestructive testing
• Structural monitoring and instrumentation
• Failure analysis
• Vibration testing and analysis
In addition to our analytical services, Structural Integrity offers a full spectrum of state-of-the-art NDE inspection and metallurgical services.
Structural Integrity offers excellent competitive salary and benefits including company-paid benefits. Relocation assistance provided.
This position is for individuals with prior training, experience and certification as an NDE Level III examiner. These individuals should be capable of independently developing, training in the use of, conducting and interpreting the results of nondestructive examinations (NDE) specifically designed for the benefit of assessing critical industrial components. Personnel will be assigned to the NDE Services Group based out of Charlotte North Carolina.
Individuals considered for this position should exhibit ethical behavior; be trustworthy; respectful of peers; team oriented; professionally minded; willing to work in extreme environments; willing to accept extensive travel assignments; acceptable to extended work hours/days/weeks; flexible to the dynamics of client scheduling; safety conscience and compliant to written procedures and quality practices.
Individuals should be willing to conduct assignments in an environment of less than favorable conditions including physically challenging conditions (heat, cold or physical activities such as climbing or carrying equipment); ability to maintain focus in hazardous industrial environs such as at heights, on scaffolds and picks, noisy locations, with operating machinery nearby or overhead and with dangerous activities occurring nearby (welding, grinding, flame cutting, overhead loads, etc.).
Qualifications & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalency with secondary education leading toward an AS or BS in science, materials, or engineering.
• Possess sense for mechanical concepts and spatial relationships; basic physical NDE principles and processes; understand fundamental algebra and trigonometry; ability to read, comprehend and/or prepare technical specifications and procedures.
• Individuals must be able to provide verifiable documentation of no less than 72 months of industry related experience as a Level II/III NDE examiner.
• Individuals with an AS or BS degree in science, materials, engineering or other industry related field may be considered with no less than 36 months of verifiable experience as a Level II/III NDE examiner.
• Successfully complete any additionally required training and secure Level III NDE certification in no less than two (2) surface methods (VT, MT or PT) and two (2) volumetric (UT, ET or RT) NDE methods within six (6) months. Further it is expected that these individuals should also obtain ASNT Level III certification in no less than one volumetric method within 18 months.
Visit us at www.structint.com.
Email resumes to HR@structint.com.