Nondestructive Examination Technologist
Posted: 8/26/2008 8:25:58 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Chevron Energy Technology Company
Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading energy companies. Headquartered in San Ramon, California, and conducting business in approximately 180 countries, the company is engaged in every aspect of the oil and natural gas industry, including exploration and production; refining, marketing and transportation; chemicals manufacturing and sales; and power generation.
Chevron Energy Technology Company is accepting online applications for the position of a Nondestructive Examination Technologist located in Richmond, CA through October 31, 2008.
Chevron’s Engineering and Technology Company (ETC) provides subject matter experts to company and joint venture operations around the world. The Inspection and RBI Team of ETC is seeking a Nondestructive Examination (NDE) Technologist to provide support to Chevron’s existing assets and over $15 Billion of capital projects, including refineries, offshore structures, production process facilities, and pipelines.
This NDE Technologist position will work collaboratively across multiple levels of the organization, and with multiple project teams around the world. The position will provide a key role in assuring appropriate NDE technologies are utilized to meet the business unit’s needs. This job will report to the ETC Inspection and RBI Technical Team Leader. This position requires certification in advanced NDE technologies and at least 5 years experience utilizing those technologies. Preference will be given to professionals with experience utilizing Advanced NDE technologies in petroleum refineries.
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Provide Advanced NDE technical services to Chevron operating companies.
• Determine appropriate NDE technology to use, and perform and/or oversee the performance of Advanced NDE technologies at various locations throughout Chevron Operating Companies (OPCO). Lead and / or participate in teams, working with OPCO, ETC, and supplier technologists and engineers to identify problems, recommend solutions and priorities based on risk and potential business impact. Lead NDE projects to achieve problem resolutions. Track NDE analyses history and propose projects for follow up and action based on that analysis.
• Research and develop NDE advanced technologies. Expand the Chevron laboratory’s range of test protocols, testing samples, and equipment covered. Expand special NDE tools. Write Chevron procedures and standards for NDE.
• Perform NDE contractor surveillance. Assure Chevron standards and project needs are met on all aspects of work. Administer contractor NDE performance based examinations. Perform on site audits of contractor adherence to standards and procedures.
• Evaluate Business Unit needs, recommend solutions, and implement solutions. This includes evaluation of risk and potential business impact; makes appropriate NDE tool selection, and perform test(s) and/or oversee OPCO / supplier personnel in testing, and based on the business requirements and test results, recommend NDE testing and follow up cycles.
• Provide site inspection and audits to evaluate operations’ assets and NDE testing programs.
• Work as an integral part of a technical team, recognized by engineers and other technical experts from ETC and OPCO’s for NDE expertise. Able to initiate appropriate responses to NDE issues.
• Clearly communicate NDE techniques and findings via reports and presentations. Comfortable with communicating and presenting to multiple levels of the organization.
• Participate in plant turn-around teams.
• Develop and provide NDE training to OPCO personnel.
• Review new NDE software and advise Chevron on suitability
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Certified Level II in Ultrasonics, Electromagnetic Testing, Liquid Penentrant, Magnetic Particle, and Radiographic Film Interpretation with a minimum of 5 years experience as a Level II in the Petrochemical Industry
• Able to pass the Chevron Ultrasonic Detection and Planar Through Wall Sizing Examination
• Have, or be able to obtain within 1 year, certification in the Remote Field Testing, TOFD (Time-of-flight) and Phased Array Ultrasonic Methods
• Have, or be willing to obtain within 2 years, Level III certification
• Bachelors Degree is preferred. In Lieu of academic preparation the hiring group will consider application of advanced NDE technologies in petrochemical industry or related industry.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
To apply or to learn more about this position (#03229136), please go to http://www.chevron.apply2jobs.com and view Chevron job opportunities currently available. Individuals must follow Chevron's process by applying online. No phone, fax, or email inquiries, please, from candidates or external recruiters.