Integrated Machinery – Reliability Analyst - El Segundo, CA
Posted: 9/30/2008 12:43:15 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Regular - Full Time
We work directly with the hiring manager for this position.
This corporation is one of the world’s leading energy companies. Headquartered in San Ramon, California, and conducting business in approximately 180 countries, the company is engaged in every aspect of the oil and natural gas industry, including exploration and production; refining, marketing and transportation; chemicals manufacturing and sales; and power generation.
The IMI Reliability Analyst is responsible for providing machinery inspection coverage for assigned process units. These responsibilities include developing and implementing machinery surveillance plans, providing coverage for unplanned/emergency machinery situations, and developing machinery reliability recommendations. Provides guidance on preventive and predictive machinery maintenance, determines causes of machinery failures, and develops solutions to prevent recurrence. Requires extensive training and qualification on diagnostic tools and techniques, process knowledge, materials, maintenance repair procedures, API standards, Meridium, Passport, etc.
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Incident Investigation - analyzes failures to determine root cause(s) and help develop long term solutions to prevent repeat failures. Analyzes machinery history for assigned area and develops prioritized reliability improvement opportunities. This involves using all available resources including corporate, industry, and legal guidelines and communications with peers, Chevron Research, and other refineries.
• Design Review – reviews new machinery installations to optimize machinery reliability through adherence to Refinery and Corporate specifications. Provide support for HAZOPS and Incident Investigations as required.
• Quality Assurance – Provides support to the maintenance department through the development and review of machinery repair checklists, preventive maintenance checklists, and maintenance procedures as necessary. Provides support to the operations department through the development and review of operating procedures and checklists as necessary. Supports the safe commissioning of systems by ensuring that new or repaired equipment installations meet safety standards.
• Machinery Protection – Provides technical support to ensure that key mechanical equipment is adequately protected by reliable protection systems. Assists operations in determining appropriate alarm and control limits for machinery.
• Machinery Surveillance – Provides routine vibration surveillance and diagnostics of both “garden-variety” and major machinery in addition to increased vibration monitoring as dictated by machine condition. Performs visual surveillance of operating equipment and breakdown inspection of failed equipment. Evaluates machinery performance.
• Record Keeping – Documents machinery history accurately and completely with an emphasis on root cause identification and scope of repairs. Maintains machinery files, prioritized worst actor lists, and surveillance information in an up-to-date fashion. Completes all associated paperwork (BOM, MOC, etc.) with design changes and upgrades.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• Bachelors Degree is preferred
• Five years of experience as refinery machinery mechanic or analyst is preferred.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.