Quality Engineer - NDT
Posted: 11/20/2008 10:40:30 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Regular, full-time position
Aerojet is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader principally serving the missile and space propulsion, and defense and armaments markets. We seek an experienced Sr. Quality Engineer to develop and apply new and advanced NDT/NDE methods to meet new and unusual requirements, and to implement cost and schedule savings at our Sacramento, California site.
In this role, you will:
• Perform duties to assist the activities associated with NADCAP Certification requirements.
• Develop, implement and apply NDT techniques and procedures.
• Mentor and train all levels of NDT personnel in UT, RT, PT, MT.
• Apply knowledge of Quality Engineering methodologies and NDT methods for input to design reviews, failure analysis, quality program plans and manufacturing documentation.
• Operate an NDT laboratory to contractually specified requirements.
• Audit NDT functions and practices and evaluate the effectiveness of corrective actions and process improvement activities.
• Periodically evaluate the need for new methodology and equipment and present results to management for review.
To qualify you must have:
• A BS degree in an appropriate science
• A minimum of 5 years of NDT/NDE related technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be qualified to pass Level 3 certification in RT, UT, PT, MT and ET per
• AIA NAS-410.
• Must have previously held Level 3 certifications (in at least 3 methods) meeting the requirements of Mil-STD-410 or AIA NAS-410.
• Must be able to use: low and high energy x-ray systems, real-time and digital x-ray systems, ultrasonic equipment (contact and immersion), eddy current, liquid penetrant, infrared and magnetic particle equipment; MS Word, Excel, PPT.
• Position may require some non-day-shift hours.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Aerojet offers a challenging work environment, a comprehensive relocation package and excellent benefits, including a 401(k), educational assistance, generous vacation/paid time off, and an alternative work schedule for most positions.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://jobs-aerojet.icims.com/aerojet_jobs/jobs/candidate/job.jsp?&mode=view&jobid=4737&sn=NDT. Principals only. EOE. M/F/D/V.
For more information about Aerojet, please visit our website at http://www.aerojet.com.