Radiographer Level 2
Posted: 11/2/2009 6:05:08 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Kurt J Steinhagen
Kurt J Steinhagen
MetalTek International Wisconsin Centrifugal Division is accepting resumes for a Level II Radiographer in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. We perform both X-ray and gamma radiographic inspections on high quality castings for the aviation, petrochemical and military applications. All inspections are performed indoors, on sight in our state of the art exposure vaults. Wearing of eye, ear and foot protection is required. This is a full time 2nd shift position. Hours may be variable but generally run from 2:00pm to 10:30pm. Large castings are routinely moved via crane or pump-jack into vaults and set up on tables. Our product line runs from .125” thick to 6” thick steel and bronze centrifugally spun castings. We inspect these to ASME BPVC, ASTM 1742, ASTM 2104, NAVSEA 271 and various other customer specifications. Acceptance is based on industry standards or customer mandated requirements.
• The ideal candidate will have experience in developing new radiographic techniques and film interpretation.
• Experience in pipeline welds, and familiarity with ASME SEC. VIII a plus.
• 5-years of on-the-job experience as a Level II SNTC1A, or equivalent radiographer.
Must be able to pass our "in house" Level II exam.
• State or ASNT Radiation Safety Card
• Experience with crane handling and weight handling equipment is a plus.
• Flexible with work schedule and hours, overtime may be required.
• Preference will be given to individuals with previous experience viewing film to find internal defects in castings.
• Must have valid drivers license.