SQ&D/NDT Engineer - Chicago
Posted: 3/9/2011 3:54:46 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Vestas Nacelles America
Department: Supply Chain Management
Location: Chicago (8 minutes east of O’Hare)
Responsibilities and Tasks:
SQ&D (supplier quality & development) responsibility:
* Responsible for qualifying and developing new suppliers within North America for Vestas Nacelles America.
* New part qualification utilizing the tools of APQP and PPAP
* New supplier qualification via supplier assessments
* Strategic & operational development of key suppliers
* Support of issue resolution related to supplier quality
* Implementation of supplier score cards and Quality Improvement Plans
* Training, coaching and ongoing support for items responsible and further supplier-related functions
* Improvement projects (LEAN & Six Sigma)
* Coordination of supplier-related functions (Strategic Purchase, Technology R&D, Production QSE and Logistics)
NDT (nondestructive testing) responsibility:
* Communicate directly with suppliers and customers to resolve issues dealing with NDT discipline.
* Maintain records per suppliers and customer requirements and develop internal and external process and auditing procedures.
* Review and approve product criteria, write and implement NDT procedures for the Nacelles BU facilities
* Investigate new material, equipment, and techniques for Nondestructive Testing
* Provide clarification for process and procedure instructions for NDT personnel
* Prepare, administer, and grade certification testing
* Monitor calibration procedures and schedules and review all incoming supplier and customer specification
* Serve as focal point for supplier and customer and general NDT audits for performance and compliance
* Guide suppliers to understand NDT requirements, and work with suppliers on achieving compliance to NDT requirements
* Review suppliers NDT requirements as a part of the contract review function
* Other duties as assigned
* 8 years experience in supplier development quality role with mechanical / industrial / electrical applications, demonstrating success in managing medium to complex projects to successful launch in multiple locations
* Fluency with FMEA’s, APQP, PPAP and MSA processes, and with the requirements of ISO9000
* 5 years experience with PPAP and APQP
* Must have working knowledge of nondestructive (NDE) testing methods including ultrasonic testing (UT), magnetic particle testing (MT), Radiographic Testing (RT) and dye penetrate (PT).
* Ability to obtain Level III in RT and MT
* Must have working knowledge of large-scale fabrication operations, working knowledge of detail and assembly drawings used in manufacturing processes.
* Must have working knowledge of codes, standards and regulations applicable to manufacturing area assigned.
* Considerable experience in manufacturing processes
* Must be ASNT Certified in UT (ultrasonic testing)
* Educational requirements: 4 year Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering; Business, or related Supply Chain Management degree
* Computer skills, including Excel spreadsheet experience a must
* Ability to maintain accurate and complete records.
* Extensive, heavy travel required
* Six Sigma Black Belt and / or lean
* Automotive Tier 1 / Tier 2 experience
* Certified auditor
* Experience with North American related suppliers
What we offer:
Vestas offers outstanding employee benefits including: 4 weeks annual vacation accrual, 100% paid insurance premiums for employee and family including medical, dental, vision, prescription; 100% paid premiums for life, ADD and LTD; 401k with company match, and global opportunities for training and development.
TO APPLY: PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: BrightonNac@Vestas.com