NDE Technician - Romeoville, IL
Posted: 3/10/2011 9:27:37 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
With little supervision, performs Non Destructive Testing (NDT), GPS survey, and other field tasks to locate pipeline defects, perform in ditch assessment, as well as other service duties on pipeline systems to support Pipeline Services (PS) offerings.
1. Must be ASNT NDT qualified levels II in UT, MT and PT.
2. Utilizes NDT and GPS equipment to execute defect location and assessment tasks to support the PS department’s pipeline integrity inspection services.
3. Assisting and providing support with the maintenance of NDT, GPS, pipeline cleaning, and tracking equipment.
4. Completes service and daily reports as required for the tasks executed.
5. Maintains NDT experience time log to support certification requirements.
6. Maintains weekly expense and time-sheet reports and submits in a timely manner.
7. Maintains DOT "Operator Qualification" task requirements to work on regulated pipeline systems, as well as TDW’s "Pure Safety" training requirements as required on a quarterly basis.
We offer an excellent work environment, opportunities for growth, a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to the following:
* Medical Insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and a Flexible Spending Account
* Group basic life/AD&D insurance and supplemental/voluntary life/AD&D insurance
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
* Retirement Benefits: pension plan and 401(k) with company match
* Paid Leave: sick leave (nonexempt employees only), vacation, 11 paid holidays annually
* Educational Assistance
* Company Bonus Program
Interested and qualified applicants should send their resume via email to:
Please use job title as subject of email.
All materials will be kept in strictest confidence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Position requires 70 – 75% travel to locations throughout the United States. Must have
valid drivers’ license.
3. Must be able to lift and carry lightweight to heavyweight objects and use basic power
and hand tools.
4. Working knowledge of PC computer and/or electronic testing equipment use.
5. Must be ASNT NDT qualified level II in UT, MT and PT. Phased Array (PA)
experience a plus.
6. Basic knowledge of pipeline alignment sheets and GPS coordinate system.