Quality Control Inspectors Needed
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:21:23 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Thomas & Betts
Temp to Perm
Major Responsibilities/Activities (List in order of importance the essential
functions of the job):
• Ultrasonically and visually inspects welds in production areas.
• Records all inspection data on the appropriate Traveler and Inspection
Sheets. Uses blueprints to check hardware layout and dimensional tolerances of
hardware for compliance to customer requirements.
• Assists in establishing manufacturing procedures.
• Checks for compliance of manufacturing procedures and A.W.S. Standards
in all areas of production; checks manufacturing operations for dimensional
• Inspects and evaluates problems in materials. Uses various other non-
destructive testing techniques and methods such as dye-penetrate, magnetic
particle and hardness testing.
• Measures cutting bars and templates and approves for use in production.
• Visually inspects product for repair and compliance to Thomas & Betts
Houston workmanship standards.
• Checks loading area to ensure that loads are properly secured and that
touch-up work is adequate.
• Performs complex inspection of coating application and compliance to
standards. Prepares couplant used in ultrasonic inspection.
• Assists in conducting and performing special tests and in establishing
ultrasonic inspections procedures.
• Coordinates shop design or drafting problems with Engineering, assists
Level I Quality Control Inspectors in calibrating ultrasonic test equipment and
interpreting test results; checks raw materials for compliance with application
specifications and performs inspection at vendor locations when necessary.
• Verifies welder qualifications/certification and evaluates test results, and
maintains a qualification list in Q.C. office. Performs testing of coating
materials, provides specialized advanced training for Level I inspectors and less
experienced Level II inspectors and assists in instructing beginning inspectors.
• Performs inspection and functions on field repair and field product
modification. Performs daily demerit points audit in shipping areas.
• Assists in the maintenance of the ISO Program.
• Performs safety and health responsibilities as written in the Safety
Performance Standards policy. Performs bi-monthly audits of manufacturing
procedures and work instructions. Performs special testing to resemble
problems that we and our customers have in the field.
• Assists and works with customer representatives when they visit or tour
the plant, and gives NDT demonstration to same.
Basic Qualifications (Include education, experience, special skills and licenses or
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience and/or training in
related field; College Degree preferred.
• Level II UT Inspection and Testing Certification and Level II Mag Particle
Testing Certification required.
• Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certification required.
• Ability to perform tasks as assigned on computer using Microsoft Office,
specifically Excel spreadsheets.
• Must provide direct assistance to production workers and Supervisors to
improve skills and workmanship.
• Ability to make field trips when necessary to investigate, evaluate, and
recommend corrective action to problems.
• Must attend departmental meetings and be willing and able to attend
additional training and certification attainment as required in this position.