API 510 / 570 Inspector
Posted: 8/22/2012 1:42:19 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
6 months plus,
6 , 10's plus perdiem
This position is supporting our Bessemer Alabama location for it's client based in Columbus Mississippi
API 510/ 570
Location Columbus Mississippi
6 months plus
Internal job code # 1800
This individual will work closely with the on site client to coordinate and schedule API projects as needed. In addition, this individual will work in conjunction with the Operations Supervisor and Major Project Manager to effectively maximize resources.
• Work in conjunction with operations in the scheduling of equipment and personnel
• Weekly update to Operations Manager of all issues
• Provide input to operations pertaining to quoting API projects
• Supervise and/or perform API inspection on projects
• Assist in establishing reporting platforms for API services.
• Assist in coordination of cross training of existing API personnel
• Provide training to potential API candidates as needed
• Provide management with update on personnel qualification pertaining to API
• Make sales calls/walkdowns as needed
• Perform review of all API reports with the exception of full time project crews
• Ensure timeliness of all API reporting and coordinate with API Computer Lead and Computer Supervisor on status of outstanding reports
• API 510,570
Associates degree or higher in Business or related field; desired but not required.
• Strong technical background in NDT methods and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage people, projects and meet financial objectives.
• Excellent math skills with the ability to create and manipulate Excel spreadsheets.
• Ability to self-direct in order to accomplish the work of the office.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and team oriented skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Programs with strong Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced office environment.
• Willingness and ability to work overtime routinely.
Physical demands commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job include; moving, carrying, lifting over one pound up to 30 pounds. Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, acuity-near, accommodation and color vision.