NDTLevel III UT Manager/Examiner
Posted: 8/29/2012 1:22:23 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NJ New Jersey
Join Linde, the world’s leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gas–related technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde has evolved into a truly global company, offering its employees a culturally diverse, challenging and stimulating work environment along with international travel opportunities and robust training and development programs. Today, Linde is a $17 billion multinational company with about 52,000 employees in around 100 countries -- and a number one or two leadership position in 55 of those countries. Linde’s North America region is comprised of the US, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean with an employee population of approximately 5,000 people.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a Cylinder Maintenance & Requalification Manager to join the team in either Murray Hill, New Jersey (US) or Mississauga, Ontario (Canada).
▪ Recognized expert in cylinder requalification techniques exhibiting strong knowledge of US DOT, Transport Canada (TC) and ISO regulations.
▪ Maintain strong working relationships with the government agencies to ensure Linde’s opportunity to influence transport regulation and to provide maximum visibility to any future changes.
▪ Ensure company compliance with all gas containment regulations and special permits issued by the US DOT and TC.
▪ Initiate and run a business development program for the requalification of customer owned cylinders.
▪ Develop and maintain business critical DOT and TC special permits by working with and through the Fleet Compliance and Safety Manager and the Cylinder & Valve specialists.
▪ Capable of developing training programs and standards to disseminate knowledge and implement change throughout North America for improved operational processes for testing gas packages.
▪ Establish networks both internally within the Linde technical community and externally with regulatory bodies, standards organizations, gas packages suppliers to ensure that Linde is at the leading edge of cylinder maintenance activities.
▪ Perform the technical audits of third party retesters/vendors.
▪ Represent Linde in national and international organizations such as ISO and CGA.
▪ Conduct or contract out failure analyses where required for safety, compliance or customer complaint purposes.
▪ Maintain ultrasonic Level III inspector certification and expertise to support the North American ultrasonic requalification program.
▪ Provide hands on support of the daily field UE and hydrostatic operations at a number of locations.
▪ Set and monitor performance goals for the UT operations whilst looking for opportunities to extend and improve the overall operation of all UE systems
▪ Manage ultrasonic cylinder requalification, ensuring that all ultrasonic testing sites are fully operational and DOT and TC compliant
▪ Maximize utilization of assets and minimize false rejects and invalids; continuously improving processes and procedures to increase throughput and minimize cost per unit
▪ Provides administration and approval of procedures used to implement the cylinder requalification program.
▪ Ensures all cylinder maintenance personnel are qualified and certified in accordance with Linde procedures through training, monitoring and audits.
▪ Maintains required records and logs of personnel certifications issued.
▪ Bachelor Degree - Materials or Metallurgy
▪ Masters Degree "preferred"
▪ Minimum 7 Years commercial, regulatory and operations experience in the medical and industrial gases and/or devices business
▪ Level III Certification in Ultrasonic Testing
▪ Interpersonal skills:
► Possesses strong communications skills at all levels
► Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a team environment
► Excellent leadership skills
► Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes/programs
▪ Managerial skills:
► Project management – experience handling multiple projects and experience managing process improvement programs.
► Can effectively identify and evaluate technical and business process opportunities and translate to financial terms to support investment and business case development
▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW via URL above.