NDE Engineer Level III , Senior - San Ramon
Posted: 4/15/2013 1:39:19 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Pacific Gas and Electric Corporation
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million
people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
As a Senior NDT Engineer for NDE, this individual will work as one of the company’s Consultants in the area of nondestructive examinations and inspections and provide the different PG&E organizations consulting services and support in these areas. As a Senior Engineer for NDT, you
will help support the managing of the ATS certification program and support the day to day NDE and inspection requests. Finally, they’ll also help support the development and implementation of new NDE and inspection techniques and technologies such as AUT, TOFD, EMAT and Digital Radiography.
The work location is in San Ramon, CA. Travel required is 35%.
• Help maintain ATS certification program for Level I, II and III NDE personnel. This includes organizing and documenting NDE certification data, generating tests, giving required training, and administering general, specific and practical tests.
• Work with internal clients to develop and implement new NDE technology for inspecting, monitoring and testing power plant, gas transmission, and substation components, parts and structures related to electric power generation and gas and electric distribution and transmission.
• Manage and coordinate small and large NDE related projects for electric power generation and gas and electric distribution and transmission.
• Prepare presentations, reports and proposals for field projects, development work or potential new business.
• Maintain and develop ATS NDE procedures and techniques.
• Provide NDE consulting services to internal and external clients.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
• Minimum of five years’ experience as an ASNT or ACCP Level III in the methods of Radiographic Testing, Ultrasonic Testing, Magnetic Particle Testing and Penetrant Testing
• Valid Driver License
• Ten years, “in the field” experience as a Level II in the methods listed above. Experience should
cover construction related activities in either refinery, petrochemical or gas transmission systems
• Advanced NDT experience in: AUT, Phased Array, ToFD and Computed Radiography
• Valid IRRSP or State Industrial Radiographer Certification card and held the position of at least
Assistant Radiation Safety Officer
• Must be familiar in procedure development and review
• Candidates with experience in Nuclear related work is preferred
• Candidate must possess the ability to work with both clients and coworkers in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Must possess good analytical and problem solving skills
• Shall be experienced in both the training and certification of NDE technicians