Engineers Level I
Posted: 5/12/2013 4:05:33 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Alta Vista Solutions
Based on experience
Exciting and Fast Growing - Alta Vista Solutions (AVS) is a client-centered firm focused on effectively and efficiently solving today’s engineering challenges to keep projects moving forward. Recognized in our industry for providing innovative, realistic, and practical solutions, AVS has helped owners deliver some of the world’s largest and most challenging infrastructure projects. Our team of approachable experts and meticulous technicians work diligently to advance projects without compromising quality.
We have offices across California, Europe, and Asia, and we are continuing to expand our services and expertise worldwide.
ALTA VISTA SOLUTIONS is seeking an Engineer Level I for ongoing infrastructure projects that require a Civil engineering background.
The ideal candidate will perform engineering assignments in construction management, material engineering and material testing for transportation and other infrastructure projects; must possess a solid grasp of fundamental engineering principles and exercise sound technical judgment. Under the supervision of a Professional Engineer, this position will require solving problems of low to medium difficulties. The responsibilities will include: working with internal and external parties to plan, develop and execute engineer projects, filing, research, preparing project estimates or other reports to assess accuracy and conformance; and other duties as assigned. Results are subject to review.
We have full-time positions available in L.A. and Sacramento. Some travel may be required.
• Preparing calculations, technical reports, estimates and proposals for review and approval by a licensed Professional Engineer
• Develop technical writing assignments
• Establish computer-based queries to analyze reported data
• Responsible for creating, maintaining, and delivering database evaluation reports at all levels from executive summaries to detailed performance reports
• Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget
• Ability to assist with public presentations
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Skills & Abilities:
• Effective written, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team involving staff, clients and outside agencies
• Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and AutoCAD
• Strong problem-solving skills, including identifying data quality issues
• Strong organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize activities and work with limited supervision
• Detail minded
• Results oriented and able to complete tasks on deadline with little supervision
• Ability to make good decisions using sound, professional judgment
• E.I.T. Required
• B.S. in Civil Engineering Required
• Minor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering preferred
• Valid California Driver’s License Required
• One year professional experience preferred; no experience required with a Master’s Degree in Engineering
Interested Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org