Posted: 9/17/2013 12:18:17 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Contract to Hire
Headquartered in Arvada, Colo., USA, Sundyne is a leading manufacturer of highly reliable and efficient centrifugal pumps and compressors for use in the oil and gas, petrochemical, chemical, power generation and water processing industries. The Sundyne product portfolio features innovative high-speed integrally geared, multistage and sealless technologies that meet API and ISO standards. With a global channel consisting of more than 300 sales and service locations, and a manufacturing network that employs over 1,000 people across 5 facilities, Sundyne provides high quality engineered fluid handling solutions to customers around the world. For additional information, visit www.sundyne.com.
The NDT Technician will be responsible for conducting Liquid Penetrant Inspection (LPI), Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI), Positive Material Identification (PMI), Hardness Testing and X-Ray Interpretation in support of manufacturing and assembly/test. This position will also be required to assist in inspection gage calibration activities. This is a hands-on position that requires close and effective working relationship with organizations such as Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Assembly & Test, Product Engineering, Field Service and with external customer inspectors. This position works under limited supervision, reporting to the Quality Manager.
This position is a contract-to-permanent opportunity and will require up to a 90 day working interview prior to permanent placement.
• Act as a focal point for conducting NDT activities in accordance with Sundyne and industry specifications in support of production.
• Ability to achieve Level II certification to LPI and MPI within 12 months of employment.
• Support the Level III technician in the maintenance, monitoring, updating of the Sundyne NDT program.
• Prepare inspection reports and required documentation to support the Quality Plan for each customer order.
• Support calibration activities for all inspection gages used in manufacturing.
• Responsible for implementing Continuous Improvement tools within the NDT function.
• Provide technical support to Engineering, Project Management, and Manufacturing Engineering (during new product development and production planning) in determining proper NDT methods.
Required Experience and Skills
• Minimum of 2 years experience of NDT in an industrial manufacturing environment.
• Level I certification in Liquid Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, and Radiographic Interpretation to ASNT, or equivalent, required.
• Level II certification in the above NDT techniques preferred.
• Familiarity with a wide variety of metallurgies including stainless steels, carbon steels, aluminum and titanium preferred.
• Familiarity with a wide variety of manufacturing processes including casting, milling, turning, grinding and welding preferred.
• Experience with dimensional inspection techniques using open set-up and CMM methods preferred.
• Experience in the calibration of inspection gages (calipers, micrometers, snap-gages, etc.) preferred.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Associates degree or higher is desirable.