5 Level II RT State Carded Technicians
Posted: 3/7/2014 12:13:08 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Acuren Inspection, Inc.
With 90 locations throughout North America, Acuren Inspection, Inc. is the leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). Providing a wide range of services in many industries including: Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace. Acuren has an opening for a Level II Technician at our Husky operation in Lima, Ohio. Inspection is our history and our focus for growth. We are a Rockwood company, the worldwide leader in NDT service and technology with over 3,000 technical professionals in Acuren, Hellier NDT Training, and Sperry Rail Service -- NDT firms run by NDT people!
Acuren, the leader in the Nondestructive Testing Industry, is now hiring 5 State carded Radiographers.
Out of our Cleveland Ohio location.
We are looking for qualified, eager employees to help grow with us throughout the Marcellus/Utica Shale region.
Internal job code 2146
The RT Level II Technician will be performing calibrations, Nondestructive Tests, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions and record results. The Level II must be capable of interpreting welds made from various processes according to but not limited to ASME, ANSI, API, and AWS codes. The RT Level II Technician may be responsible for on-the-job training and guidance of Trainees and RT Assistants. The Level II Technician will organize and report results.
• Actively participate in Acuren and Client safety programs
• Control the radiation area
• Set up and utilize nondestructive testing equipment
• Calibrate nondestructive testing equipment
• Conduct Radiographic tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects)
• Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations
• Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results
• Interpret radiographs
• Organize and report test results
• Fill out daily radiation reports
• May perform specialized inspections
• May instruct and supervise others
• Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Some college preferred
• Certified Level II RT
• Computerized/digital radiography experience a plus or training will be provided
• Industrial Radiography Radiation Safety Personnel (IRRSP) or applicable agreement state card
• Technical background in NDT methods and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of inspections
• Knowledge of NDT equipment
• Strong work ethic
• Exceptional safety and quality awareness
• Mechanical aptitude
• Adaptable to changing schedules
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Team work
• Ability to follow directions and procedures
• Willingness to travel
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
• Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity, accommodation and color vision
• Moving, carrying, lifting, objects in excess of 50 lbs
• Climbing and working off of ladders, stairs, and scaffolding in excess of 100 ft
• Working extended hours and standing for extended periods of time
• Work in indoor and out door environments in conditions of extreme heat and cold
• Work in and near industrial hazards.
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, dental, and supplemental insurance
• 401K Plan
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
We are dedicated to providing the industry's best employee package... including competitive pay rates; industry-best health insurance; outstanding training through our Sister Company Hellier and much more!