Engineering Technician II - Nondestructive Examination - San Ramon
Posted: 2/11/2015 2:18:51 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Pacific Gas & Electric
The Applied Technology Services (ATS) Technical Specialist
provides engineering, testing and
analysis services and expertise across multiple disciplines
to various company organizations to
identify, diagnose and solve technical problems. The staff
provides consultation and advice to
clients to proactively avoid future problems by specifying
equipment, materials and methods that
are best practices in the industry. Services include
inspections, failure analysis, performance
assessments, and evaluations on a wide variety of systems
and components ranging from
in-service concrete to hydroelectric turbine blades to
distributed generation. The engineering staff
partners with management in the creation of bid proposals
for requested client work. The
incumbents maintain knowledge of and adhere to all company
and regulatory safety and quality
processes and procedures.
Travel required; frequency depends on assignment (10% -75%).
• A.S. or equivalent including courses/training meeting ASNT
SNT-TC-1A hours for certification in
the NDE methods of RT, MT, PT and UT.
• Level II certifications in at least RT, UT-SW, PT and MT.
• Minimum of 5 years experience working as a certified Level
II radiographer using gamma
sources. This includes knowledge of computed radiography
techniques and use of advanced
• Experience in the nuclear and pipeline industries.
• Proficiency in the advanced UT methods, i.e. Phased Array,
TOFD and automated ultrasonic
• Current AWS CWI certification
• Machine tool background or experience
• Autocad drawing familiarity
• Proficient in MS Office applications such as Word Excel,
Outlook and others.
• Familiarly with working in nuclear power plants and
• Willingness to work overtime to support the work load of
• Good communication skills and ability to work within a
• Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks in a safe
and quality manner.
1. Perform inspections and conducts manual and automated
nondestructive inspections (including
report preparation) on power plant, gas transmission,
substation components and others as
2. Assists in development of NDE procedures and techniques,
including, but not limited to
laboratory work, design and fabrication of tooling,
fixtures, and delivery systems for NDE systems,
and maintenance and repair of NDE equipment.