AWS CWI/NDT TECHNICIAN
Posted: 6/30/2015 10:01:53 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Future Tech Consultants of NY
NY New York
1 year or permanent
DOE TOP $$$$ PAID
Future Tech Consultants of NY (FTC) is a Comprehensive Engineering, Inspection and Testing Company that has earned a highly regarded reputation for professionalism and reliability in the construction industry. FTC is owned and operated by Professional Engineers with inspection and testing experience. Celebrating over 20 years in business, we offer an impressive benefits and compensation package.
We currently have several immediate openings for Certified Welding Inspectors.
• Must be a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) Structural Steel inspection
• Must be capable of reading structural and piping prints and ensuring all applicable paperwork is completed for inspections being performed – including: Structural Steel Welding, Metal Deck, Shear Studs and Pipe Welding
• Must have knowledge with the following welding codes: AWS D1.1, AWS D1.3, ASME B31.1
• Majority of inspections are field inspections for structural steel
• Minimum of 3 years experience of structural steel inspection
• ICC Bolting Certified and/or Qualification of Level II UT Shearwave.
• Must speak, read and write English proficiently
• Must be able to pass drug & background test & be authorized to work in the US.
• Ability to travel to various job sites in the NY, NJ, PA area
This is a full-time position. Compensation will be based on experience, knowledge and certifications.
Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance, paid time off and holidays are available to employees after a 90 day introductory period - 401K plan after 1 year.
One or more of the following certifications is preferred: ICC Structural Steel & Bolting Special Inspector, AWS CWI, ASNT NDT Level II UT Shearwave, RT Level II ( IRRSP a PLUS) Ability to work with AWS (D1.1), ASME (B31.1 & 31.3) is required.
Minimum of 3 years experience in the area of structural steel inspections and non-destructive testing of welds
Current AWS CWI and/or ICC Certification
Ability to interpret contract drawings and specs
Superior oral and written communication skills
Possess a valid drivers license
Authorized to work in the US
Exceptional safety & quality awareness
Dependable with a strong work ethic