Posted: 1/5/2016 5:58:17 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Mistras Group, Inc.
MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company’s success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a work place where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
The Operations Manager is responsible for meeting the customer’s needs and assuring good customer service through managing the day-to day operations of the lab. This includes scheduling projects and technicians, supplying equipment to meet project specifications, developing strong customer relations and reacting promptly to customer questions and concerns, and having responsibility for the business unit’s financial performance. The Operations Manager will also maintain a high functioning employee base through solid HR practices and safety education and awareness programs.
• Operations Manager will be expected to cover jobs to grow the business –target is 50% billable work
• Manage daily activities and costs associated within department.
• Supervise individuals within the Operations Support Department as it relates to projects and responding to calls from customers (branches) requesting technical assistance.
• Problem solving and providing clear, supported and concise recommendation to management.
• Utilization of key performance indicators to increase customer value.
• Responsible for division Profit and Loss statements and economic performance.
• Serve as back up to the General Manager in their absence or upon request.
• Review and approve expense reports submitted by technical support staff.
• Properly complete all required forms and paperwork.
• Provide administrative office assistance as needed.
• Ensure proper use of all company resources; including tools, equipment and vehicles.
• Oversee maintenance of shop and equipment.
• Evaluate field technician’s effectiveness in fulfilling their job requirements.
• Recommend corrective or remedial action for employees.
• Understand all prerequisites required of personnel before performing field work.
• Promote and fully understand the policies set forth in the following manuals:
o Drug and Alcohol manual
o Safety Policy Manual
• Ensure required training for field and supervisory personnel on safety, policies and procedures.
• Evaluate job safety to include all aspects of job performance for all service lines.
Customer/Project Manager Support:
• Serve as liaison with customers to estimate and quote project work.
• Coordinate and schedule work crews to cover customer requirements and requests.
• Coordinate schedules of AVS Technicians per customer demands.
• Complete all required training, and testing, within company guidelines.
• Knowledge of all company products and services that is available to our customers.
• 2-3 years of management experience in the nondestructive testing (NDT) or related field
• Ability to certify as an RT, MT,PT Level II minimum
• UT Level II strongly recommended
• Strong knowledge of nondestructive testing.
• Strong communication skills to promote good team environment
• Sales and/or marketing experience a plus
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
• Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Mistras Employment is on Twitter! https://twitter.com/mistrascareers
Mistras Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.