Level III NDE Manager
Posted: 1/25/2016 10:56:59 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Future Tech Consultants of NY
NY New York
Future Tech Consultants ( FTC) is looking for a qualified RSO/NDE Level III Manager for our Mineola, NY headquarters; Current Certified Radiation Safety Officer as well as Level III certified in RT, UT, VT, MT, PT and state card or IRRSP is required. This position will have some travel requirements based on the need. FTC offers a highly competitive benefit and pay package commensurate with individual skill/certification levels.
The NDE Manager is responsible for the maintenance and development of the day to day NDT department, its operations and training of its personnel.
Codes and regulations of construction include standards such as ASME section VIII Div.1 and B31.1, along with the policies and goals provided by management.
This position requires a self- motivated individual to create and lead a multi-disciplined team in a safe, efficient and effective manner. Deliver client satisfaction, profitable operations and sustainable growth, while expanding into new sectors, services and build client base.
The NDT Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily NDT operations and delivering and promoting services that meet client needs in a manner that complies with safety, quality, and financial goals, while providing strategic solutions to clients that enhance FTC’s position as a trusted business partner and reduce their costs to operate. As such, the NDT Manager is accountable for supporting the efficient delivery of technical services by ensuring appropriate availability, supply and use of equipment, consumable and human resources, managing employee performance, providing oversight, analysis and approval of departmental expenses, and engaging with clients to ensure service excellence.
Principal responsibilities of this role include:
• Currently certified Radiation Safety Officer or capable of certifying within 90 days ensuring safe execution of radiation activities on site (IRRSP certified)
• Level III in RT for the facility and being responsible for recruiting, training, certification and upkeep of certification of all inspection personnel
• Achieve objectives through effective organization and direction of the NDE inspection department
• Recruit, hire, coach and continuously develop a technical team
• Maintain relationships with existing clients and develop new customer in order to expand business operations
• Perform RSO duties to be in compliance with state radiation regulation’s
• Client satisfaction achieved by understanding and exceeding customer’s needs and expectations in order to make their business a success.
• Scope, time and cost are understood, communicated, monitored and controlled and when required proactive mitigation is evident.
• Profitability and targets of the contracts under your control is understood, maintained and maximized.
• Develops, revises, reviews, and/or approves Nondestructive Inspection (NDI) Procedures for Written Practice, VT/PT/MT/UT/RT methods.
• Interprets specifications, standards, and procedures used for production.
• Develops, revises, and conducts training and certifications for Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Inspectors
• Conducts annual and periodic evaluations of NDT Level I and II personnel.
• Assists with managing and preparing for all QA Department audits and assessments.
• ASNT NDT Level III qualification in RT,UT and other NDT process certifications are a plus
• At least (2) two years of quality control schooling with a certificate of completion or the equivalent of a two year college engineering degree
• At least (10)ten years inspection experience is required with a broad knowledge of welding, fitting, design, testing, inspection procedures, non-destructive testing etc…
• A critical qualification for the NDT Manager is familiarity with industry practices. Therefore, the candidate should have a minimum of five (5) years of structural construction industry experience, including at least three (3) years working experience
• Prior supervisory experience is required
• Ability to understand State, City and Local building codes
• Should be computer literate with excellent communication skills
Additional employment requirements are as follows:
• Drug/Alcohol Testing
• Must have a valid US Driver’s License
• Eye Exam
• All candidates must submit and pass a background check
• FBI background check required
The strength and continued success of FTC lies in its’ outstanding people. As a continually growing, intensely innovative, privately held family owned company, the opportunities to pursue challenging and diverse career development paths are vast. Complemented by an attractive and comprehensive total compensation package and a commitment to the principles of a respectful workplace, FTC offers tremendous opportunities to those who wish to succeed.
After 90 days: Health, Dental Vision Benefits, Short Term Disability, Accident & Critical Care coverage, Company Paid Life Insurance & Long Term Disability, Paid time off & Holidays
After 1 year: 401K & Profit Share