Certified Welding Inspectors (CWI)
Posted: 3/29/2016 12:04:58 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Applied Technical Services
Full Tme & Part Time Opportunities
Based on Experience & Value
Applied Technical Services Inc. (ATS) is a world-class, technologically advanced consulting and engineering firm with extensive testing and inspection capabilities. With headquarters in Marietta, GA and over 28 branch offices and over 750 employees scattered throughout the US. Our vision is to become the industry leader in providing expert consulting engineering, testing, and inspection services.
Positions are available for both Full Time and Part Time CWI Inspectors
Location : Chesapeake, VA (Local applicants are encourage to apply)
Duties and responsibilities :
- Must possess a current AWS CWI certification
- CWI with 3+ years’ experience in pipe line and structural inspections. VT, UT, MT, PT. Level II and RT level II a plus.
- Blueprint/drawing reading skills
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to use computers (Word/Excel) for data entry
- Working knowledge of welding/fabrication processes
- Ability to effectively communicate with client to solve problems
- Ability to learn and comply with all company policies and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of college required
Work Conditions :
◾Must be able to wear safety equipment/PPE as required by the safety department and/or client’s job site.
◾Ability to climb, stand, work at heights, work off of scaffolding and various lift equipment.
◾Must be able to work indoors or outdoors in a typical welding environment.
-Current AWS CWI Certification.
-Additional NDT Certifications are desirable but not required.
-All candidates are required to pass pre-hire and random drug tests
-All candidates are required to pass pre-hire background checks
-All candidates are required to have a valid driver's license and a good driving record