NDT UT Level II
Posted: 5/17/2016 9:17:48 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Sabre Industries is an industry leader in the utility and telecommunication markets. Sabre's Sioux City, IA location designs and manufactures steel utility and wireless poles and towers to customer needs.
QC Ultrasound Tech A (NDT UTII) position is responsible for ensuring that all parts, shafts, arms and/or poles meet the quality standards set by the Company through performing UT and other NDT testing methods. This position is also assists the QC Visual Inspectors by inspecting tacked, welded, painted and manufactured parts and components for quality per the Company’s quality control processes and procedures as needed.
• Understands and follows the Company’s quality control program, standards, procedures, and codes.
• Conducts in process and final ultrasonic, NDT, and visual weld inspections of manufactured steel products in accordance with the AWS D1.1 code.
• Verifies and maintains inspection and test status of product during all stages of manufacturing, including receiving, in-process, final, and shipping.
• Participates in the training process of NDT Level I Inspectors.
• Verifies rework and repair of nonconforming products.
• Attends daily start-up meetings to review production schedule and receive daily job assignments.
• Initiates requests for corrective action on observed conditions which do not conform to quality system requirements.
• Prepares and reviews Quality records appropriate to inspection and test activities to assure legibility, completeness, and correctness of the information.
• Uses various dimensioning tools such as tape measures, combination squares, levels, etc. when conducting dimensional inspections, and UT inspection tools such as UT Machine, transducers, straight beam, Shear Wave, etc.
• UT Level II AWS Weld Inspector. Must have at least 80 documented hours of UT training in accordance with ANST SNT TC-1A by an ASNT Level III.
• Five years’ experience in welding or steel fabrication. Work experience in Quality Control or Quality Assurance.
• Basic knowledge of Utility structures and/or Wireless structures (poles & towers) preferred.