Experienced Eddy Current Level 2
Posted: 8/11/2016 4:09:20 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Quality Material Inspection
permanent full time or part time
Experienced Level II Eddy Current Inspector
Job Description: A NDT Level II shall have the skills and knowledge to setup and calibrate equipment, conduct tests, and to interpret, evaluate and document results in accordance with procedures approved by the appropriate Level III. The individual shall be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which he is certified and shall be able to organize and document NDT results. The individual shall be familiar with codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by QMI. Level II may write procedures, which require approval by a Level III.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Review and verify jobs/orders to include proper detailed information (material identification, internal test procedures, applicable specifications, etc.).
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Standard verification using eddy current inspection equipment.
• Interpret inspection data for acceptance or rejection criteria and data appropriately.
• Computer knowledge to organize, email and print applicable inspection reporting criteria.
• Microsoft Word, Computer Skills
• Knowledge of Bondtester and related equipment for Eddy Current Inspection
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under stress.
• Communicates with management staff to assure production obligations.
• Assure safe packaging and security of materials for shipments. Assist with moving large parts/crates.
Skills and Attributes:
• Must be conscientious of customer needs and have good written and communication skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to drive forklift helpful, license preferred
• Ability to lift heavy parts
• General knowledge of additional nondestructive inspection methods such as ultrasonic, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant and radiography extremely valuable.
• UT certifications preferred
• Familiarity with quality assurance systems/procedures/NADCAP
• Good Communication and Writing Skills
• Knowledge of Photoshop.
• Knowledge of NADCAP
Level II Eddy Current Certification in accordance with ASNT-TC-1A, current revision as well as NAS410, current revision.
Drug Free Policy
Military Background preferred but not required.
Quality Material Inspection, Inc.
5442 Oceanus Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Check out our website www.qmi-inc.com
email resumes or questions to: email@example.com
No phonecalls please
or fax resume to 714-903-4500