Production Supervisor - Inspection
Posted: 10/3/2016 8:46:53 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
BWX Technologies, Inc.
Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry.
BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, Va.; Erwin, Tenn.; Mount Vernon, Ind.; Euclid, Ohio; Barberton, Ohio; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Production Supervisor - Inspection - BWX Technologies Inc. - Euclid, Ohio
• Frontline supervision for UAW Inspection personnel with the ability to answer and support questions pertaining to both dimensional inspection and NDT.
• Assist in training for newly hired personnel.
• Provide scheduled feedback for newly hired personnel during their probationary period.
• Liaison between shop floor personnel and Management.
• Ensure workforce is on task, working safely and efficiently to meet the operational goals of the organization.
• Effectively communicate when personnel performance is not up to expectations or requires disciplinary action, formal write up, etc.
• Monitor employee attendance, time charging and production records in SAP.
• Ensure all equipment is in working order and available to perform work, submitting maintenance requests as required.
• Problem solving or trouble shooting inspection processes, gaging issues, etc.
• Participate in production and scheduling meetings to ensure resources are in place to meet production needs.
• Schedule department resources and manage overtime to meet the production needs of the organization.
• Lead departmental safety meetings and participate in safety audits.
• Perform monthly surveillances to ensure inspections are being performed in accordance with approved procedures.
• Monitor production logs, data sheets and other quality records for compliance with approved procedures.
• Perform SAP transactions to stock/receive raw material and procured products in receiving inspection.
• Ensure department housekeeping duties are up to expectations.
• Provide weekend coverage as required.
• High school diploma or GED required. A technical certification or Associate degree in business is a plus.
• Must be able to work first or second shift.
• Five (5) years minimum experience in dimensional inspection or NDT.
• Previous supervisor experience is a plus.
• SAP experience a plus.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Strong understanding of GD&T.
• Familiarity with the following NDT methods, prior certifications preferred: VT, PT, MT, UT, RT.
• Business Ethics: Inspire trust in others, keep commitments, treat people with respect and uphold organizational values.
• Communication: Efficient and effective information transfer as well as expression of ideas and thoughts verbally and electronically.
• Cost Conscious: Conserves resources, can develop and implement cost-cutting measures and can work within approved budgets.
• Judgement: Able to make sound decisions in a timely manner.
• Managing People: Develops subordinates' skills and abilities; can provide adequate direction and feedback.
Ask about our 9/80 work schedule
Recruiter contact: Dan Wismar Ph: 330-861-5537