Posted: 9/7/2016 12:55:56 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Denyce M Brown
Denyce M Brown
ATC Manufacturing is looking for a motivated, high energy, self-directing Non Destructive Testing (NDT) Engineer to become part of our organization. ATC Manufacturing is a premier manufacturing company specializing in providing high quality press formed of thermoplastic composites for the aerospace industry. This position involves direct leadership, support, and administration of nondestructive testing (NDT) technologies toward R&D and production commitments in an engineer role. The successful candidate will hold an ABET accredited technical degree and prior work experience ultrasonic NDI technologies, preferably in aerospace composites.
Primary Responsibilities are as follows:
1. Maintain effective communications with Executives, Production, Skilled Trades, Supply Chain and other groups that are involved with assignment.
2. Become very familiar with specifications of parts and processes, both internal and external as applicable to assigned areas.
3. Take a role in defining, analyzing, proposing and implementing solutions to technical problems relating to products and processes.
4. Review proposals for the design/purchase of new equipment.
5. Obtain equipment and material quotations, write requisitions, and coordinate delivery.
6. Provide appropriate project follow-up including operation and maintenance instructions, spare parts information and safety inspections.
7. Plan projects and coordinate installation with maintenance and production as well as outside customers, contractors or consultants.
8. Provide assembly and technical supervision for installations and start-up of new or revised equipment.
9. Recommend funding for assigned projects by preparing cost estimates, evaluating economics and writing requests for capital expenditures.
10. Design and perform tests, analyze, apply NDI and evaluation technique fundamentals and evaluate results of processes used during production.
11. Coordinate with R&D, engineering, production management, and NDI personnel to continually improve testing methods, techniques, and facilities with an eye towards improving efficiency, accuracy, and completeness.
12. Support NDI technicians to assure they are given adequate techniques to perform their duties and resolve any issues that may arise during the course of performing their work. This includes maintaining and creating reference standards and general procedures for each method of inspection being performed.
1. BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or closely related Engineering program/major such as Physics, Materials Science, etc.) from an ABET accredited Engineering program.
2. Minimum of 6-years’ experience in aerospace nondestructive testing role.
3. Demonstrated experience leading project teams.
4. Knowledgeable of aircraft structures and composite materials.
5. Knowledgeable in manufacturing processes for aerospace composites.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills, experience in technical writing.
7. Experience in developing specifications and procurement of capital equipment.
8. Proficiency with general computing skills including MSOffice suite.
9. Attention to detail with focus on quality and accuracy.